FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge Better late than never...
Better late than never...
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-15 05:37 am   Permalink

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/06/15/entertainment/main2932767.shtml

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-15 07:10 am   Permalink

When I was a kid, I thought the Cream of Wheat man was Nipsey Russell.
Nipsey was the only black man I had ever seen. (yes, really.) He was on Password and the 25,000 Pyramid which was like the only TV my Grandmother watched (she took care of me). When I saw the guy on the Cream of Wheat box, I just assumed HE must be Nipsey. I mean, Nipsy must be famous for SOMEthing. I knew Charles Nelson Reilly, Paul Lynde and Bret Somers from The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Bewitched and the Odd Couple. I simply gave Nipsey credit for inventing my favorite (hot) cereal.

But now.... Oh, I wish I didn't read that article!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-15 09:50 am   Permalink

Interesting. Charles Nelson Riley was actually Count Chocula.

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-15 11:03 am   Permalink

Cream o' Wheat was a special treat growing up. Most of the time, my mom would make oatmeal, which I hated, but sometimes I could convince her to buy a box of CoW instead.

My grandfather was the chef at the Creole restaurant he owned with my grandmother. I always saw my grandfather as the man on the box.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation