[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Hello To Everyone
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Hello To Everyone
Nano's Son

Posted: 2007-06-18 11:34 am   Permalink

Let me introduce myself. My name is Ron Licudine, I'm the son late
Mariano Licudine, chief Mixoligist of the Mai-Kai. I attened my First full weekend of Hukiau 2007.!! It was a wonderful experience to be part of this event. Thank you everyone for making me sooooo very
welcome to the Big Party.

View Profile of Nano's Son Send a personal message to Nano's Son  Email Nano's Son     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 12:06 pm   Permalink

Ron, Welcome to Tiki Central. It was such a pleasure to see you again this weekend and hear the stories. You are a treasure!

I am sure all of the Ohana that could not be here this weekend would love to hear about your stories about your Dad and playing at the Mai Kai as a kid.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 12:57 pm   Permalink

I wanted to stay and talk more, but I had to run to the Mai Kai. Glad you are here to talk with us more.

The little you told us Saturday is already a post on my site!

Here is a pic of your Dad from the 1977 calendar.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 12:57 pm   Permalink

Welcome. I was a little worried with that oppeing "son of the late…" I was ready for the nigerian prime minister contatcting me to release the $20 mil in gold. part that normally follows that sentence.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 1:16 pm   Permalink

welcome. That was great to have you at Beachbum berry's seminar. If you have other stories to tell about the Mai Kai and your dad, please do !

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 6:51 pm   Permalink

Ron:

It was great to hear your stories during the Beachbum Berry seminar and even better for Nicole and me to spend time speaking with you at the Mai Kai. Welcome to the party!

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 11:44 am   Permalink

Hi Ron, welcome to the fold! It was so great to meet you. Having you there was a great asset to the experience. I hope to hear more stories from you next time.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TonyLicudine

Posted: 2007-06-20 9:02 pm   Permalink

Yep... It's a family thing, and proud of it. I was out of town last weekend or else I would have called you up Uncle Ron! But hey, I'll be heading to the Mai-Kai this weekend for a friend's Birthday... I'll have a Derby Daquiri for the both of us!

Tony

View Profile of TonyLicudine Send a personal message to TonyLicudine  Email TonyLicudine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TonyLicudine

Posted: 2007-06-20 9:20 pm   Permalink

P.S.... Few people have more Mai-Kai stories than Uncle Ron.

Speaking of the Derby Daiquiri, here's a little long lost gem that my mom had kept and scanned for me.

Tony

View Profile of TonyLicudine Send a personal message to TonyLicudine  Email TonyLicudine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TonyLicudine

Posted: 2007-06-20 9:24 pm   Permalink

just figuring the pics thing out...

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-21 09:34 am   Permalink

Ron,

Great getting to meet you at Hukilau. Your stories were awesome. I am looking forward to seeing you back there next year if not at another tiki event before then. Aloha!

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 5:51 pm   Permalink

Hi Ron!

It was great to meet you! And I'm still cracking up that my *mom* got to meet you before I did!!
(Ron and my mom sat next to each other on a cruise to Spain a month or two ago. "Well, my daughter's into 'tiki'," expecting a blank stare. "Then she'll know who my father was!" was the unexpected reply!)

My mom wrote down the word "mixologist" so she could remember it.
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 6:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-20 21:20, TonyLicudine wrote:
P.S.... Few people have more Mai-Kai stories than Uncle Ron. .....

Oh, do tell. There is nothing that makes this crowd happier than talking story. Even better when the story comes from the 'inside.'

And, welcome to Tiki Central. We will have to gather the local ohana and have a minature Hukilau some night in the Molokai.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 8:11 pm   Permalink

Your father was a genious, Ron. No doubt responsible for a very large portion of the Mai Kai's sucess. Thank you for being a part of Hukilau!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-06-21 8:39 pm   Permalink

One of the highlights of this past Hukilau was meeting Ron at the Mai-Kai. I had gone there for the Thursday Happy Hour, decided to stay for dinner, and ended up seated at a table with Ron and Beachbum Berry. It was great to hear those stories ... and I do distinctly remember Beachbum recommending the Barrel of Rum drink to Ron.

You should have seen Ron's eyes light up during Kern's back tour of the Mai-Kai, especially when we entered the closed back bar area. I think we ended up having to pull Ron out of there, as he had started a conversation with the three drink mixers who were working back there. You could truly sense the pride running through the man.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation