Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Drink Garnish Contest
Drink Garnish Contest
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 7:11 pm   Permalink

It's time we had a contest to find the best, most exotic, most interesting, creative, ergonomic, tasty, beautiful, awe-inspiring, and most importantly TIKI-fied GARNISH out there.

post pics of your entry here. the winner will receive nothing*

-Z

*except perhaps entry into the Great Stuff Showcase

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 09:48 am   Permalink

no, seriously.

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 10:27 am   Permalink

OK, try this, the winner will recieve a 2007 London Luau mug from Cheekytiki.

Now I've got to find the picture I have of my banana Dolphin perched on the side of a glass.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 10:28 am   Permalink

I know Basement Kahuna will chastize me, but I never garnish. Ever. If I had some lovely Stargazer Lilies in bloom in the yard I might drop one in, but, nah. Mint doesn't count as a garnish either because its and ingredient.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-29 8:18 pm   Permalink

I was hoping to win a pekingese or a pair, but am excited to know Cheeky is offering up a mag....count me in....off to experiment in da lab!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 8:29 pm   Permalink

Okay, I realize I shouldn't post this because it will get me drummed out of, well, something, but here's a garnish we recently made, featuring Spam, pineapple chunks, maraschino cherries and crab meat:

Yes, kitsch is my middle name. Okay, not really, but it should be.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-30 07:06 am   Permalink

SPAM ! I love it. I think adding the Spam identifies it with the proper era as well as giving the drinker the advantage of a small buffet to help soak up the booze and add to the sustainability of the drinker. I think adding some kind of green "Flair" or a small flower at the top of this garnish would complete it.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-30 08:05 am   Permalink

To quote the immortal words of someone whos name I can't remember...... Garnish Matters!

(That means you Swanky!) And, yes Mint counts! A drink should be a feast for the eyes, a treat for the nose, and a party in the mouth.

Does Fire count as a garnish?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-30 10:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-30 07:06, Bohemiann wrote:
SPAM ! I love it. I think adding the Spam identifies it with the proper era as well as giving the drinker the advantage of a small buffet to help soak up the booze and add to the sustainability of the drinker. I think adding some kind of green "Flair" or a small flower at the top of this garnish would complete it.

I was sort of thinking of a frill pick, since they have the advantage of being not only from the proper era, but also shiny.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-03 09:50 am   Permalink

Is Fire a Garnish??

Fire Drinks Good!

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2007-07-03 09:52 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 06:55 am   Permalink

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 07:34 am   Permalink

I love it! I'm stealing that idea this weekend when we'll be attending a party with kids present. They'll like that.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation