FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving pdrake new stuff check it!! 7/19
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
pdrake new stuff check it!! 7/19
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 7:38 pm   Permalink

well, i'm going to start a new thread. i have many projects going right now and i've forgotten how inspiring and motivating it is to share with everyone.

here's something i started tonight. it's bubanga and bone.

thanks for looking!

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-07-02 20:14 ]

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-07-10 22:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-07-19 20:12 ]

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 10:57 pm   Permalink

Cool Pdrake....can't wait to see this thread start smokin with the latest and greatest...Hope to see you at the TTC.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 7:05 pm   Permalink

thanks a lot babalu. i'm looking forward to it.

here's a little more progress. gotta get into that tiny little face next.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 7:17 pm   Permalink

this s gonna be a cool hook, p. i dig the shapes of the wood and bone. i, too, look forward to meeting you at oasis. i hope you have a few cool pieces to trade or sell.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 7:51 pm   Permalink

thanks a lot bullet. i hope to have quite a bit of great stuff by then. i'm working my hands until they ache.

somebody asked me how it fit together. here's how and another progress shot of the tiny head. (remind me not to carve this small again.)

it will be lashed with a braided cord also.

kiwishaman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 8:11 pm   Permalink

That looks like it is going to be really something PD.

Nice

KS

View Profile of kiwishaman Send a personal message to kiwishaman  Goto the website of kiwishaman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 8:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-21 19:51, pdrake wrote:
i'm working my hands until they ache.

I can attest to that.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 8:38 pm   Permalink

Yo Perry: How small (big) is that piece?

My guess: one and three quarters inches.
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 8:38 pm   Permalink

that's just because i miss somebody.

damn, i think i'm going to have to cut out tiny, tiny pieces of sand paper to finish this. my eyes hurt.

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 8:39 pm   Permalink

Get a room!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 8:42 pm   Permalink

oops, sorry buzzy. i had to go out on las vegas blvd and panhandle for a dime. i'm broke as the gov right now.

here's a pic for scale.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 10:20 pm   Permalink

okay, my eyeballs hurt now. time to rest them. i think i can get the wood part done tomorrow. thanks for checking out my stuff.

my pictures really suck. sorry.

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-06-21 22:25 ]

kiwishaman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 12:02 am   Permalink

Hi PD

Does your camera have macro? Some have a better macro than others, and without it, you will never get a nice close up shot.

KS

View Profile of kiwishaman Send a personal message to kiwishaman  Goto the website of kiwishaman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 01:10 am   Permalink

Good to see this new matau from you. There havent been too many hooks around recently. Fiddly fingerwork.

Speaking of new works from pdrake; I just received a new Moai in the post today!! Yay! Thanks mate, he's a beaut!
-Our camera is away at a 5yr olds disco tonight so I cant take a pic but want to ask, what sort of jade is set into the earlobe? Its a nice yellow-green but not NZ? Im thinking...

Happy Easter Brah!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 07:26 am   Permalink

Looking Great Perry, I Really think you should go Smaller, don't you? What kind of wood is it?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation