FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving pdrake new stuff check it!! 7/19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
pdrake new stuff check it!! 7/19
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-27 6:31 pm   Permalink

Welcome back P-Drake the piece looks Great and the Fingers look, well, they look abused? The Spinning bone syndrome, it's best to watch those with your fingers a safe distance away but Unfortunately that Never Happens as you are living Proof.
What else you have going??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-27 8:49 pm   Permalink

thanks a lot. the wood is linguam. it's also known as the tree of life. i've used it before, but have had a hard time with it. it's very oily. it used to be used as bearings on ships. it smells like perfume/sandal wood.

the hook is ivory. i don't know why i torture myself with such small things. it will be done soon.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 6:30 pm   Permalink

Ah Yes Lignum Vitae, Extremely Dense, heavy, Oily and Hard. The battle ships had a machine shop where they machined blocks about 36" by 18"by 18" and these were bolted around the ships shaft length ways and they made Excellent bearings. I know a Gentleman whose job in WW2 was working that machine shop onboard a US Battleship, Creating those blocks. He owned the landscape Nursery where I had my carving shop for several years. You don't carve Lignum, you machine it AND it is Pretty wood.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation