FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts my finished decanter 4 the dva tiki art show!!!!
my finished decanter 4 the dva tiki art show!!!!
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-20 4:17 pm   Permalink

..well....

,,here it is!! just finished it up!!.......entitled "Take Me to your Liquor!!!!" ..........again i went with a diorama type thing cause, hey, that's what i do!!!.....i consider this a complete set.....you get 3 anodized aluminum shot glasses and a functional decanter...i had to add a cork to mine since there was no way to keep it on otherwise.....each shot cup sets in a recess in the base with a leopard print insert. The robot tiki is permanently attached and his glass dome helmet is removable to change the flicker flame bulb......see it up close at the opening on saturday!! whhheeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-20 4:29 pm   Permalink

Kick ass, Dave!! Now if i can scoop this along with last years samurai set...Keep it rollin, Homes.

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-20 6:57 pm   Permalink

Wow! That is so cool! I love the leopard insets for the cups. Nice job.

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-20 10:54 pm   Permalink

Dave,

Is that a paper towel backdrop?!

Really nice work man!

Good luck to you at the show... hope it and your signs sell right away!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-20 11:23 pm   Permalink

Everything looks great Tipsy, best of luck.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 01:02 am   Permalink

That is looking really SWELL!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 01:27 am   Permalink

Cool Dave! Digging the "Robby the Robot - Forbidden Planet" angle it has... I love that genre. The lucky owner gets all the extra pieces too along with the paper towels to clean up the spills - what a deal! Very nice as always!

www.samgambino.com

[ This Message was edited by: Sam Gambino 2007-06-21 01:28 ]

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 05:43 am   Permalink

thanks all!!

...and it's not a paper towel backdrop!! LOL....i needed something quick so i used a drop cloth type of thing for a neutral background......

Also, the Pitcairn Chair is SOLD!! but you will still be able to see it on display at the gallery.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 06:56 am   Permalink

Well I was thinking of getting it until you said that those weren't paper towels. The deal is off now.

P.S. It still looks cool.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 08:20 am   Permalink

Tips!
That is great that you took the decanter and expanded it outward,as is your style! Very nice! That will make a fine addition to any hipster's home Bar! Kudos to you on this masterful creation!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Buho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-21 11:10 am   Permalink

I've never seen something like this in ym lifetime and I hae to say that's one of the most exciting and best ideas! Very cool work and it's far better than the Johnny Reb Whiskey-bottle on the Simpsons TV-Show. Really awesome, I wish I could own one!

View Profile of El Buho Send a personal message to El Buho  Email El Buho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 2:13 pm   Permalink

Very Cool rocket Tipsy! I can see why you posted an armed guard of the rock'em, sock'em variety. He looks like he doesn't take any shit.

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 08:12 am   Permalink

ha! that's so great! love it, specially the robot!! Congrats

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 09:35 am   Permalink

thanks for the compliments all!!

due to popular demand, i'm going to create a line of tiki robot lamps...each will be about the same scale as this one, each will be one-of-a-kind....i don't know how many i will make. probably till i run out of supplies and parts to make them. these will make nice little table accent lamps. i will be starting a separate thread about them once i get the next one finished.....

Fallenstar
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-22 12:27 pm   Permalink

I would be very interested in a lamp. I am a computer engineer with robotics as a specialty, this would rock on my desk.

View Profile of Fallenstar Send a personal message to Fallenstar      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation