FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana My dog needs your help...please
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
My dog needs your help...please
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 7:46 pm   Permalink

Best of luck from me, Mrs. Kahuna, the little Kahunas & Midnight the Gerbil.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 1:34 pm   Permalink

ALoha all,

Just a quick update. They did the tests on Guinness' blood today, and unfortunately her levels have not changed. In addition, we've found that she's losing alot of proteins through her urine that are supposed to stay in the bloodstream.

This makes flushing her out a double edged sword. She needs the liquids to help her kidneys, but at the same time, its depleating alot of the protiens she needs in her blood.

I refuse to give up on her, so the vet is going to try a few other things today/tmrw and we'll she if she responds by Monday. The vet isnt very optomistic, but I'm still trying to remain positive. She isnt in any pain, and was still alert & playful when I was there.

Thanks again for all the well wishes.

sully

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 10:57 pm   Permalink

Just got home from vet. Guinness didn't make it. She went out peacefully with Jess & I petting and comforting her.

Thanks to everyone for their support over the past few days. It really meant alot to me.

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-06-24 09:15 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-23 11:08 pm   Permalink

i'm very sorry to hear about that. she sounds like she was well loved.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes

Posted: 2007-06-23 11:23 pm   Permalink

oh Sully and Jess ~ i'm so sad that Guiness passed away. she was a great dog, a lifesaver in so many ways, alerting you to the fire...and being a comfort in the time afterwards, as you all recovered. you're not alone in your grief, your tiki pals share in your loss. if theres anything i can do for you.. just call.

sending love
elicia & trader pup

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 09:11 am   Permalink

My deepest condolences for your loss.

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Whollycat
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-24 09:52 am   Permalink

May your family find peace during this time of loss and may your beloved pet sleep with the Angels..
Please take care....
Aloha
Joe/Haole Kats

View Profile of Whollycat Send a personal message to Whollycat  Email Whollycat Goto the website of Whollycat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 6:36 pm   Permalink

Sully, I'm really heartbroken for you. I know she's on fire watch in Doggie Heaven tonight. Here's to you, Guinness!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 7:00 pm   Permalink

sucks ass - I know the feeling.

it takes some time but never give up on dogs! They're too much fun!

Sad to hear it

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 7:17 pm   Permalink

Sully & Jess

It's not easy to think of the right thing to say at a time like this. Just, sorry for your loss. I know that Guinness was a very special dog.

Beth

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 12:50 pm   Permalink

sorry to hear about your loss....

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 5:44 pm   Permalink

I'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss.
She was obviously very well loved and will be missed dearly.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 8:27 pm   Permalink

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. Cheers to Guinness and to her people, who love & cared for her so well.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-26 5:02 pm   Permalink

So sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. Many of us have been there. Once the pain subsides, you'll smile everytime you think of her. I'm sure she enriched your lives & you hers.
Take Care,
Rick

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-27 07:46 am   Permalink

I know how difficult it can be when you have to let go of a beloved pet. Take comfort in the knowledge that you did the very best you could for Guinness... and that the pup loved you for it.

View Profile of Kitty Send a personal message to Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation