[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana My dog needs your help...please
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
My dog needs your help...please
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-27 12:09 pm   Permalink

MAN, many condolences...Guiness looked like a real sweetheart.

The sad part about having a dog, is their shorter-than-human life span. I look at my dog and think "Man, I hope you live to be 50"....

Sorry for guiness's bad fortune.

R.I.P Guiness

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-27 12:34 pm   Permalink

Sully,

So sorry to hear of Guinness' passing. She catching frisbees in that big green park in the sky now. God Bless.

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-27 1:51 pm   Permalink

Our thoughts are with you

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 1:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone for their kind thoughts.

One note to other dog owners: My vet now suggests using advantage (or front line) 12 months a year. Not just in the warm months. Especially up here in the North East where Lyme disease is at epidemic levels.

Perhaps as her final "heroic" act, her passing can save the lives of some future dogs.

Once again, Thanks everyone. You've made all this a little easier.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 5:26 pm   Permalink

I'm so sorry for your loss. I just got home from work and on the way I stopped at the vet and got Frontline for my dog and my 2 cats. I've been where you are and I know it's hard. Hang in there.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 7:12 pm   Permalink

"We used to be happy, we used to be"

"Such a loving couple, we used to be"

"That was before, the end of our world, that was before, the end of our world".

I am truly sorry for your loss. Not a day goes by after five years that I do not think about or miss our beautiful and kind loving dog Tucker and my deepest sympathies goes out to you in your time of need.

I know Guinness misses you as well.

Take care,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-04 10:30 pm   Permalink

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. She was blessed to have her loved ones with her when she passed. Loosing a cherished pet is so hard, I wish you and your family tranquility and healing.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-07-12 09:55 am   Permalink

Dear Sully,

So sorry to hear about your loss. Mr. Smiley and I have made a small donation in Guiness's name at

www.lyme.org

to help get the word out about how terrible this can be, and to help find treatments.

If anyone is interested they also have a link on the site to sponsered internet vendors that you can sign up to have vendors make donations to this charity automatically when you shop.

If people pre-order their "Tiki Modern" from Barnes and Noble after signing up through the charity partnership link, a small donation will be made.

Inky

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 10:51 am   Permalink

Mojo sent!

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gordon58
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-18 12:00 pm   Permalink

Wow, bummer. I am sorry.

View Profile of gordon58 Send a personal message to gordon58      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-22 3:49 pm   Permalink

Yes, sending my best wishes to Guinness, who sounds really great. Get better!

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 8:49 pm   Permalink

As someone who lost their animal companion of 14 years (my cat Lucy) just last fall, I can relate to your loss. Among the grieving processes I went through, I found it very therapeutic to write a memorial for her. I put one on the web page of the animal nutritionist who doubled her life as a testimonial. But had I not done that, I would have probably used this site to do it:
http://www.virtualpetcemetery.org/pet/index.html

Sorry I did not see this thread earlier. I would have sent some good mana along. So I will simply send it to you and your family now instead. So sorry for your loss.

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation