FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New Member would love some feedback
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New Member would love some feedback
Barefoot Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-21 10:36 pm   Permalink

After reading this site for over a year I thought it was finally timre to
join. I just finished my third year as a vendor at the Hukilau in Fort Lauderdale. What a trip that was. I am a sculpture teacher and I create ceramic Tikis. I am including some pics of my stuff and I would love some feedback.

Barkin Barefoot Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Barefoot Tiki 2007-06-23 19:55 ]

View Profile of Barefoot Tiki Send a personal message to Barefoot Tiki  Email Barefoot Tiki Goto the website of Barefoot Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-21 11:36 pm   Permalink

When are you going to start making mugs?

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tornhalo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 03:57 am   Permalink

I really dig your work.

View Profile of Tornhalo Send a personal message to Tornhalo  Goto the website of Tornhalo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 06:56 am   Permalink

Do you sculpt your tikis or do you have a mold?

They look fantastic!! Do you have a website?

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-22 09:29 am   Permalink

Want a torch! Want a torch!

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rumshaker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-22 11:51 am   Permalink

WOW!! Those are beautiful!! Really......do you have a website?

View Profile of Rumshaker Send a personal message to Rumshaker  Email Rumshaker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 04:20 am   Permalink

Cool pieces. Im sure the regulars over in 'Creating/Other Crafts' would appreciate hearing the technical ins-and-outs of how you make them. Have you thought about starting a thread of your work/processes?

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 06:59 am   Permalink

Hey Barefoot!
I have been at the last two Hukilaus and remember your work very well. Your work is great! While we are used to all the carved stuff, the pottery gives a different option. The tiki torches are really wonderful! As a pottery student, I had often thought about trying to make those. Seeing your work let me know it is definitely possible. My only concern is the stability of the larger tikis. I would worry about something that size getting chipped or broken. Your designs on them are really great. I love the ones with the curvy tops that look like flames. The smaller tikis with the cords to turn bottles into tiki torches are wonderful. They are a convenient, more portable, and more economical way to get the look of the torch if you have a smaller space and are easier to pack and carry home.

[ This Message was edited by: SouthBamaTiki 2007-06-24 07:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: SouthBamaTiki 2007-06-24 07:02 ]

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 07:15 am   Permalink

We bought some of the bottle toppers torches and stuck them in dead sailor jerry bottles. Love em'. My only feedback would be to figure out ways we can drink out of you creations.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 10:17 am   Permalink

Feedback? If you have been lurking for 1 year and have been a vendor at Hukilau, you are here to brag about your cool stuff not look for feedback! I'll give it to you anyway, very cool! and where can I get one of your Tiki Torch's?

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 10:35 am   Permalink

Welcome to TC, glad you finally jumped in.

I love your stuff. Well, no, I don't love it. I lust for it and want it all!

And, I knew you were in Florida but I didn't realize you this close. We have to get together at the Mai-Kai sometime soon and talk story. There are several of the local o'hana that want to talk story about the hows and tos of your stuff.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 12:21 pm   Permalink

Welcome!

I'm a big fan of your work.. I have one of your pendants and just bought 2 headhunter tiki torches at Hukilau. (I had to have them after seeing them in the garden at Jetsetter!)

Keep it up and get the website together!

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-06-24 7:37 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work....I love it. Keep up the great art.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-24 8:36 pm   Permalink

I agree, great work!

Welcome and Mahalo,
Tikitatt
www.Myspace.com/Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitammy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-26 2:45 pm   Permalink

Barefoot Tiki, Thanks for the PM but it would be a good idea to post your answers here too. Many others that read the forums may have the same questions.

View Profile of tikitammy Send a personal message to tikitammy  Goto the website of tikitammy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation