FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Show us your record collection!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 )
Show us your record collection!
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-02 07:43 am   Permalink

Nope its a KEEPER..I will be posting some of those German HI lps on ebay soon though..they are TOO ersatz even for this kind of music

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-03 11:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-05-02 07:43, bb moondog wrote:
Nope its a KEEPER..I will be posting some of those German HI lps on ebay soon though..they are TOO ersatz even for this kind of music
heres my cast offs--the Gene Rains one was areal FIND but I have it digitally already

http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbay&gbh=1&CurrentPage=MyeBayAllSelling&ssPageName=STRK:ME:LNLK:MESX

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-29 3:23 pm   Permalink

this pile of about 10 HI lps ..absolutely FREE from a thrift that just gave up on selling lps
MORE FOR ME

BB MoondoggyO
sweatin' to Quiet Village in AZ

Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 11:33 am   Permalink

Here are some recent finds. A few are from ebay and a few were from a recent daytrip over to Kailua town to shop in some of the antique stores. I really haven't been posting new finds here and it dawns on me I really SHOULD as I enjoy seeing every one elses!

Japanese record. Fascinatin' Hawaiian music by S. Oppachi & His Sounds.

2 LP Japanese gatefold, Hawaiian mood music collection by Grand Fantastic Strings

Micronesia: A musical glimpse, uncredited native artists from Thee Marshalls, Truk, Ponape, Palau, Yap, The Marianas, THe Gilberts.

Always happy to find volumes of Souvenir Songs of Hawaii by 49th State Hawaii records that has songs I didn't have already. These are vols. 17 & 18 and contain my NEW old favorite song "Take a dreamboat to paradise" by June Ululani Leite.

Japanese record. Honeymoon in Hawaii by The Hilo Island Kings.

Sounds like Hawaii by The Changs.

Groovy lounge stuff. Kit Samson's Sound Advice at The Maile Lounge, Kahala Hilton

Tahitian instrumental group, with Hawaiian steel guitar. Nice stuff. Takiti Ma, vol. 5 by Takiti Ma

Live from The Kahiki by The Beachcomber Trio. 2010 release of recordings made in 1965. Martin Denny-esque.

Japanese record. Hula nova by Tatsuo Okhashu.

Polynesian romp, vol. 1 by Bill Sevesi & His Islanders. There must be a volume 2 out there somewhere, right??

Pearly shells by The Mokambo Combo at a resort in Fiji.

This was a curious album I'd never heard of or seen before, picked up cheap at a local surf/Hawaiiana shop. Instrumental organ with drumming, essentially, out of Quebec.

Listen to these and more at my hobby online station "Hawaiian Hi-Fi"
http://www.live365.com/stations/kaiwaza

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 18 days ago; 10:21 pm   Permalink

Recent finds:
I've had the CD of this for years, but I've been waiting to get the vinyl at a good price & I finally did. "Jungle Exotica", strip tease type singles by various artists. Of course, the cover art is amazing.

Yet more Hawaiian vinyl from Japan. A double LP gatefold by the instrumental group, The Hawaiian Echoes "Hawaiian Best Collection" from 1975.

So, I've been buying SO MANY Japanese Hawaiian records lately...someone in Japan is unloading a lot of them on ebay and I've been bidding & winning quite a few of them. Needless to say, shipping from Japan is rather high. I have even more in the mail on the way. I decided I needed to go on a "vinyl ban" and break out the ramen noodles for the next month. Like an idiot, I went to a local record shop, Jelly's, thinking I would just check out the $1.00 record bin only for some lounge music. I did find a few things & then made the mistake of saying "Well, it would silly not to at least look at the Hawaii/Pacific section. Of course, there were TONS of these very exotic Tahitian records there that WEREN'T there before. Some beautiful, very good condition 1950s ones, and several of the glossy, gorgeous Barclay & Manuiti record label LPs...everything was reasonably priced between $4-$7 each. And I HAD to get everything I didn't already have. I mean, chances are slim to none I'd ever find these again & in such great condition. The clerk was like, "Yeah, it's kind of crazy we got all these in as we seldom see Tahitian stuff coming through." So, I got a dozen. Is there anything even CHEAPER than ramen noodles??? I just couldn't pass them up.

And there was even the elusive Eddie Lund Tahitian Christmas LP for $4.00.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation