FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts How much space BEHIND the bar?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
How much space BEHIND the bar?
ShawnJuanTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-25 7:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-25 16:52, TikiLaLe wrote:
How big is your waist? Then add 10 inches !!!!

UGGGHHHHH!

Please don't make me and all my cheeseburgers go there............

Anyone have an abacus handy?

View Profile of ShawnJuanTiki Send a personal message to ShawnJuanTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 7:35 pm   Permalink

I don't know about that. How big is your waist and then add 10 inches? I'd have to ask how old are you? If you're a youngster you might want to consider that you might add 10 inches all by yourself as you get older and consume them cheeseburgers. You wouldn't want to grow out of your bar now would you? It's not like you can loosen your belt a notch.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-25 8:17 pm   Permalink

If you expect any cocktail seductions to lead to late night carnal activity behind your tiki bar, add another two feet of clearance space. Add more if you are kinkier than most.

And make sure you have enough crushed ice, to cool things down afterwards.

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 2:00 pm   Permalink

Leave room to grow. You may decide that your bar needs it's mug or exotic booze collection displayed on those shelves your not building....Yet. The bar is just the bones, It will flesh itself out over time and use and evolve into something you would have never envisioned at the onset. Bars tend to collect things all on their own.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 2:05 pm   Permalink

or maybe just measure out 3 cubits

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 6:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-25 20:17, ikitnrev wrote:
If you expect any cocktail seductions to lead to late night carnal activity behind your tiki bar, add another two feet of clearance space. Add more if you are kinkier than most.

And make sure you have enough crushed ice, to cool things down afterwards.

This has to be one of my favorite posts in the past month or so!

Seriously, though...
Try putting up some plywood on sawhorses and see how much room you would need, you could easily move them in and out... maybe that would help, no?

[ This Message was edited by: tikimug 2007-06-27 18:38 ]

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 09:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

... late night carnal activity behind your tiki bar, add another two feet of clearance space. ... you could easily move them in and out... maybe that would help, no?

Does anyone else see where this conversation is heading?

Oh, and consider this my contribution to getting it there faster.....

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 10:23 am   Permalink

This thread makes me happy in my pants.

Bars are the greatest fun! No?

Mahalla

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Minerva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-28 2:12 pm   Permalink

My folks made sure there was a good four feet of clearance behind their home bar's back ledge and the wall. And that was a moveable bar, so I'd swear it kept inching out further over the years.

Maybe allow about five feet or so, in case you change your mind about the shelves?

View Profile of Minerva Send a personal message to Minerva  Goto the website of Minerva     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 5:12 pm   Permalink

I watch a lot of the home improvement shows. I saw an episode of "This Old House" where the owner wasn't sure how the kitchen cabinets were going to be arranged. They took big cardboard boxes and made mock ups of the cabinets and the owner was surprised after seeing them in 3D and in the space and went a different direction. Might be a good idea for deciding where to place the bar and how much room to leave behind the bar. Just one word of caution. If you do make a cardboard mock up to test locations, size, placement, etc. just don't test out any carnal maneuvers on the cardboard. I'm sure the cardboard bar won't be able to stand up to the task.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation