FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Mark Walsh's office @ Pixar, Emeryville, CA (home-bar)
Mark Walsh's office @ Pixar, Emeryville, CA (home-bar)
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-26 06:50 am   Permalink

Name:Mark Walsh's office @ Pixar
Type:home-bar
Street:
City:Emeryville
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Photos soon.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-26 07:44 am   Permalink

Pixar... Nice company yous keeping with !!!!
Good going Mr. B !!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 6:45 pm   Permalink

Before...

(bear with me. I forgot how to post pics)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 6:48 pm   Permalink

ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!
the suspense is killin me!
Chop! Chop!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 6:48 pm   Permalink

after.........

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 6:53 pm   Permalink

cover for computers

rain windows like the ETR.

My photos are awe-full. It really looks awesome in real life.
The tikis are from Timerone Tommies (sp???) and are Marks.

I'm sure he and or some other of you's will tell the story.

Any of you SF Crawlers that came to the tour want to post the pics you took
that would be cool.

It was nice working with Mark and we became friends.

We ate here alot.
http://www.rudyscantfailcafe.com/

48 hrs x 2 .

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2007-11-18 19:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: revbambooben 2007-11-18 20:55 ]

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 6:55 pm   Permalink

RAD! Let's see MORE!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 10:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-18 18:53, RevBambooBen wrote:
We ate here alot. http://www.rudyscantfailcafe.com/

48 hrs x 2 .

I ate there when I went up in Oct.
did you have a Monster Burger with Bacon?
its only 15 dollars,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 12:25 pm   Permalink

Bamboo Ben ROCKS!!! and thanks Mark Walsh for allowing us to check it out!

I was very fortunate to be one of the few who got to visit Mark Walsh and Ben at the Pixar studios. THANKS TIKITASTIC and BEN for arranging it. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me, but I am hoping those that did will post a couple pics here. It certainly was a crowning touch to the SF Crawl Weekend.

Let me say here, Mark Walsh is one fantastic guy and tour guide! He led our small group all over the studios showing us storyboards, mock-up 3-D versions of characters, and told us all kinds of background quips about the animators and happenings at Pixar. Since Ratatouille had just been released, most of the artwork and models were of those characters, but Monster Inc, Nemo, Bug's Life, and the Incredibles were all over the place too. What a life he has!

When we checked out Mark's office, Rev Bamboo Ben had pretty much completed the inside and was working on the A-frame roof over Mark's entry door (see the completed picture above). The ceiling was completely covered in straw matting and outlined in bamboo. Then there was bamboo framing dropped from the ceiling like you would find in the Enchanted Tiki Room, giving the ceiling depth and presence. The walls were covered in all kinds of natural materials, with inset windows that simulated a rainstorm complete with rain (clear mylar strips), plants, and lighting effects. (Mark told us they had to build the wall "out" in order to set the windows into the existing office wall. Cool idea!!) Mark had some recasts of Tikis from Disney and various authentic masks, poles, and artifacts from all over. What a collection!! His desk looked like an actual bar... I bet you could store lots of Orgeat and rum behind it! The entire office was dark and warm and comfy, and I would find it very difficult in getting any REAL work done in it. It's a place to hang and forget about the outside world. But this must be where the creativity of the Pixar staff is generated, as many other of the offices near Mark's were decorated in different themes - castles, log cabins, waterscapes, etc.

Bamboo Ben created another masterpiece!! I was amazed at the textures, colors, lighting effects, and feel of his work. All this in a normal sized office (10' x 10' ?). Congrats, Ben, on another beautiful transformation!

Aloha and mahalo again,
Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-11-19 10:38 pm   Permalink

ben, you do amazing work. A true artist and tiki visionary.

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-01 10:01 pm   Permalink

BombAssBuddyBambooBen!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SufferinSimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-04-01 3:30 pm   Permalink

Does anyone have the full size pics of Mark's office? These thumbnails are teeny!

View Profile of SufferinSimon Send a personal message to SufferinSimon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-04 8:13 pm   Permalink

http://thedreamofpixar.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/who-ever-said-office-space-had-to-be-boring/

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation