FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Lemon Hart Crisis (Crisis Averted!--at least for me)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Lemon Hart Crisis (Crisis Averted!--at least for me)
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 10:58 am   Permalink

I've got about 6 bottles of the 80 and 4 of the 151, and my local liquor store usually has a bottle of two of each waiting for me behind the counter almost everytime Im there. Whaddaya need?

ps Cappys always seems to have it in Sauguss....Kowloon & Demerara...sounds like a road trip to me!!

Also, I wouldnt worry too much. I was told 2 or 3 years ago about how it wasnt being imported anymore, yada yada yada. Its all Bacardi. Start that enemies list....oh, and secretly tape record all your conversations.

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-06-28 11:01 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DemeraraDrinker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-28 2:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-27 11:54, frostiki wrote:
You can barely find Bacardi in AL, let alone Lemon Hart. However; I used to be able to find it in Pensacola, but sadly no more. And on top of that, you can't have anything shipped to AL.

Oh God, AL blows for booze. My parents live there. I bring them all kinds of stuff they can't get there at the package stores.

View Profile of DemeraraDrinker Send a personal message to DemeraraDrinker  Goto the website of DemeraraDrinker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 07:16 am   Permalink

Good news for the New England ohana. Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge just called and my Lemon Hart is in. More good news: It's for the good ol' price of $12.99 for the 80-proof. I can't remember what the 151 is but it was also reasonable.

Yankee Spirits (508) 347-2231
Route 20, Sturbridge, MA

Be sure and mention when you call them this is a line of rum they should carry all the time! Mention my name and receive no discount whatsoever!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
susanr5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-05 11:10 am   Permalink

Why does this have to be so hard?

Every ingredient I decide I need, is hard to find. I would appreciate it if before spending on shipping from CA anyone can recommend a store that stocks or will order Lemon Hart in NJ or NYC (altho one store in NJ said it isn't available in the NJ market. Zat true?). Heck, even CT would be okay, I'll go for the drive. Don't even get me started on Passion fruit syrup....

Thanks!

Susan

p.s. If you haven't gotten it yet--da Bum's Sippin' Safari is a great read!

View Profile of susanr5 Send a personal message to susanr5      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 11:21 am   Permalink

Susan,
I hate to pester you if you've heard this before but:

I can't recommend enough making your own passion fruit syrup. Take passion fruit juice and slowly reduce it over heat to 1/3 volume. Add 1 cup sugar for every 8 oz. liquid you have left. Bottle it hot in a clean bottle and it will last indefinitely (say, a year). It really makes TV passion fruit syrup taste like a** in comparison.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
susanr5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-05 11:56 am   Permalink

I'll try it--do you recommend any particular brand of juice?

Still holding out hope someone knows a local (NYC regional) source for Lemon Hart!

View Profile of susanr5 Send a personal message to susanr5      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 12:05 pm   Permalink

Hey, Susan, I'm in New York and have a call in to a very well-stocked local store (they carry El Dorado) to see if they can get Lemon Hart. I'll let you know if they can. They're in Newburgh.

I made my own passion fruit syrup the other day, using Beachbum Berry's recipe from "Sippin' Safari" and it's heavenly--by far the best I've ever had. And the best part was the total cost: $1.69, plus a few cents worth of sugar. Look in your supermarket for Goya frozen passion fruit pulp.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 12:15 pm   Permalink

Torani also makes a good Passion Fruit Syrup. BK says its better than the TV stuff as it is made with real juice and sugar, not high fructose corn syrup.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
susanr5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-05 1:27 pm   Permalink

Newburgh would be just fine, let me know what they say--thanks!

I'm going to p/u some of the Goya's this weekend (maybe sooner, my daughter turned 21 and is now my tiki bar slave. If she wants to drink some of the primo stuff, she has to do shopping errands). And we'll concoct.

She's trying to get me to take a drive over to Niagara Falls, not to see the view, but to go supply shopping in Ontario... bad kid!

frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 3:44 pm   Permalink

DemeraraDRinker, I like living here. But drinking here is a different story. The state buys the alcohol and only buys rot gut or big name stuff, so I have to sneak across state lines under the cover of darkeness…

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mo-Eye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 6:13 pm   Permalink

I just discovered the greatness called Lemon Hart!

We usually don't see much beyond Captain and Mount Gay in Hawaii. There is one good liquor store called Tamura's that does have Zaya every once in a while. A few days ago a went into this small crappy liquor store right by our house, and they had Lemon Hart sitting on the shelf.

Needless to say, I bough a bottle, tried it, then went back over and bought the other 3 they had. I'm hooked!!!!

View Profile of Mo-Eye Send a personal message to Mo-Eye  Goto the website of Mo-Eye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stickyii

Posted: 2007-07-05 6:17 pm   Permalink

I can easily order a case of Lemon Hard 80 or 151 through the PA liquor system. The trouble? I HAVE to order a case (12 bottles). At $20 for the 80proof and $28 for the 151, that's a hefty bit of change to dish out.

Maybe there are others who live nearby who would want to go in on a case or two?

View Profile of stickyii Send a personal message to stickyii  Goto the website of stickyii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
susanr5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-06 10:46 am   Permalink

Hi stickyii, where in Pennsylvania? I'm waiting to hear from Velveteenlounge about whether it's available in Newburgh, I'm in Upper Montclair in NJ. I can drive either up or to the left.

The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 12:19 pm   Permalink

In Maryland we have no shortage of Lemon Hart 80/151, which is distributed by Republic National Distributing Company to MD and 18 other states. Unfortunately, not NY, NJ, nor New England.

I attempted to call Pernod Ricard USA and got through the first time, but when I was transferred to Customer Service I was cut off in the middle of their IVR program. It did not sound at all professional. Whoever answered, "Pernod Ricard USA," seemed to be picking up on speakerphone with the echo that gave the impression of a largely vacant office.

When I called back the main switchboard (as if) rang for a long time then went into Voicemail. After calling back about 5 times consecutively, I let it go. In case anyone else wants to try it's 914.848.4800.

The address is:

Pernod Ricard USA
100 Manhattanville Road
Purchase NY 10577

[ This Message was edited by: The Gnomon 2007-07-06 12:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: The Gnomon 2007-07-12 06:20 ]

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 1:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-06 10:46, susanr5 wrote:
Hi stickyii, where in Pennsylvania? I'm waiting to hear from Velveteenlounge about whether it's available in Newburgh, I'm in Upper Montclair in NJ. I can drive either up or to the left.

I'm still waiting to hear. It took them a little time to get back to me about parfait amour.

I'm only about 15 minutes from the PA border, but PA is, obviously, a big state. If stickyii is near the Matamoras area and I can't get it in our area I might be in for a few bottles. However, I've heard you can get it in New England and I'll be up there soon, so I'm hopeful of finding it in a store.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation