FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart Crisis (Crisis Averted!--at least for me)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Lemon Hart Crisis (Crisis Averted!--at least for me)
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 2:09 pm   Permalink

Some of you are going to the Northeast Tiki Tour so you'll be in MA next month. You can always call ahead to Yankee Spirits and get your Lemon Hart.

Note: pappythesailor has no affiliation with Lemon Hart, Yankee Spirits nor their subsidiaries.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 2:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-06 14:09, pappythesailor wrote:
Some of you are going to the Northeast Tiki Tour so you'll be in MA next month. You can always call ahead to Yankee Spirits and get your Lemon Hart.

Note: pappythesailor has no affiliation with Lemon Hart, Yankee Spirits nor their subsidiaries.

Definitely. I'm hoping to lay my hands on some before then, but that will be my back up!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 3:09 pm   Permalink

I've got the answer to this problem! Does anyone have any contacts at the New York Times? Because if someone does an article on hard-to-find rums I guarantee they will suddenly become available everywhere. It happened just before Christmas last year with ryes--they ran an article and suddenly every corner liquor store carried about ten kinds of rye. Most recently it was Hudson Valley small-batch whiskey distillers. Now even our suburban stores have them. If the Times publishes a story mentioning Lemon Hart it will be everywhere inside of a month!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 1:00 pm   Permalink

Turns out my liquor store (by far the best in the Hudson Valley) can't get Lemon Hart. Apparently it's "not available in the Hudson Valley," for reasons even she didn't understand. She did say, however, that it is available in NYC. Can anyone in the city confirm that? I'll gladly help create a demand if there is a particular store in NYC that is known to carry it.

susanr5
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-12 5:04 pm   Permalink

I called a bunch of places in NJ (apparently not shipped there) and NYC (not any place I called, don't remember who, but definitely Astor Wines). I didn't ask about ordering by the case though. If anyone else finds an NYC source before I do, I'd be glad to help/order/split with anyone else in the NYC/NorthNJ area.

[ This Message was edited by: susanr5 2007-07-12 17:06 ]

View Profile of susanr5 Send a personal message to susanr5      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 08:57 am   Permalink

More good news for the New England ohana.

Just picked up a couple of bottles of Lemon Hart at Kappy's in Peabody MA yesterday (junction of Routes 114 and 128). The 80 proof was 13 bucks and the 151 was around 19 bucks. I am sure the Saugus store probably has some too since it's even bigger. I just can't seem to walk out of a bookstore, cd shop or liquor store empty handed.

See you on the tour next month...

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 11:43 am   Permalink

I did not see any Lemon Hart in the Saugus Kappy's when I last visited, about 3 weeks ago.

The Peabody store seems to stay on top of their rums better, IMHO. The Saugus store seems to be a mass-market drive-by location specializing in the common stuff. Well, that's not completely true, but I think their rum selection is smaller than Peabody's, though Saugus has 3 times more bottles of Bacardi just in case you need to buy 200 bottles at once.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Hunter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-16 1:27 pm   Permalink

I just returned from Boston with a suitcase full of Lemon Hart. The bottle shops in the north end, Italian district are, or should I say were well stocked . The big shop on the corner (Martengetii's SP.?) as you enter the Italian district sells the 80 proof for $13.99. I also found the 151 proof at a small shop along the Freedom Trail. I wish I had more space in my luggage as I would have brought back some Black Seal 151, which I can't find locally.

View Profile of Rum Hunter Send a personal message to Rum Hunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 2:00 pm   Permalink

Wow, that's a heck of a find! And not too far from home! I know Martignetti's also has a good selection of syrups, so I gotta get over there!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 8:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 08:57, leisure master wrote:
Just picked up a couple of bottles of Lemon Hart at Kappy's in Peabody MA yesterday (junction of Routes 114 and 128).

Speaking of Peabody MA liquor stores........I crack up every time I pass this one.....but then again, I'm a little twisted.

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-20 06:04 am   Permalink

as with many in this crowd, I share your enjoyment of the infantile and perverse.

you really have to read the sign out loud to fully appreciate the name.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-20 06:44 am   Permalink

Dint Da Da Dint Da Da Dint Da Da DIH NAH! Dint Da Da Dint Da Da Dint Da Da DIH NAH! This place is cool.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-20 07:02 am   Permalink

I used to work around the corner from this placed, and passed it twice a day.

And chuckled *every* time.

Of course, we all know what a bunghole is... right???

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-20 07:58 am   Permalink

"T P for the bunghole!"
Cornhulieo

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-23 2:26 pm   Permalink

I'm sure this is a silly question . . . but . . . WHY is Lemon Hart is so DIFFICULT to find? Is it an inter-continental distrubution thing? A US inter-regional distribution thing? A supply & demand thing? What is it? I can't even get the largest liquor chains in my area to "Special Order" it! Can't even find it on the internet sources - always 'OUT-OF-STOCK'!. Somebody 'splain it to me before I have a "Senior Melt-down"!

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation