FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart Crisis (Crisis Averted!--at least for me)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Lemon Hart Crisis (Crisis Averted!--at least for me)
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-23 3:04 pm   Permalink

One word. Bacardi.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-24 12:50 pm   Permalink

Bacardi? That doesn't work for me . . . why wouldn't they have the same effect on Cruzan, Appleton Estates, El Dorado, Barbancourt . . . just to name a few. Got to be more to it than simply "Bacardi".

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-24 3:54 pm   Permalink

ElDorado whats that? We can't get that here either!
I know what it is by the way.
It's just like Coke pays to have the rights to sell
exclusively at OSU stadium.
I'm sure they have a hand in it.
Why else would it not be sold in so many stores?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 12:50 pm   Permalink

Hey, Folks/Ohana*,

I was just at Blanchard's last night, corner (connah, in the vernacular) of Brighton Ave and Harvard, and they were STOCKED!!!! Only the Lemon Hart 80, but at least a dozen bottles of it, and it was $14! Priced to move!!

*Ohanner in the vernacular**

**vennaculah in the vernacular

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Posted: 2007-07-27 10:09 pm   Permalink

Is Lemon Hart really that good to get this worked up about?

View Profile of humuhumunukunukuapuaa Send a personal message to humuhumunukunukuapuaa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-28 04:40 am   Permalink

If you make any Tiki drinks involving demerara it is.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-30 4:29 pm   Permalink

A few days ago I contacted Internet Wines & Spirits - one of the few on-line sources with a bountiful selection that ships to Florida - asking them when they plan to have Lemon Heart back in stock (They list it, but say it's "Out of Stock") and their reply, and I quote:

"We do not expect to restock that item."

Need I say more?

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-30 8:41 pm   Permalink

Yes you need to say more.
Like why. did they tell you?
That's where I used to get it.
If we order it from a place that
has it and will ship it.
We can only hope that they will keep
it in stock.
That place for now is
www.wineandliquordepot.com
It is easy.
And they are great people.
If you get the old guy.
The young guy not so much.
But it comes in one week.
So call them up so I can keep getting
this booze from them.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-30 8:44 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, They got the El Dorado, And Zaya.
The Zaya is good sippin rum.
Kinda sweet but good.

GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-31 02:26 am   Permalink

That was their complete reply. No reason given - no further information.

Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 07:30 am   Permalink

Speaking of El Dorado, has anyone in Massachusetts or Connecticut ever seen it in a store?

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 11:41 am   Permalink

The liquor store on the main drag in Greenfield, MA carries several kinds of El Dorado. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the store, but you take the exit off of 91 into Greenfield that would take you to the welcome center, go right onto the rotary, then another quick right into town (if you're coming from the south--if you're coming from the north you'd go all the way around the rotary), and it's a mile or so down on the right, maybe less.

I'll be going that way in a couple of weeks and will remember to get the exit number and the name of the store.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 12:50 pm   Permalink

Greenfield is only 2 hours from home... Hmmm....

I would definitely be interested in the name of the store, but don't go out of your way to get it. Still, I'd appreciate it - I've been known to drive to Greenfield for lesser reasons.

velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 1:13 pm   Permalink

I'm definitely planning a stop there on the way to visiting family. I'll be sure and grab the name and exit number.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-02 9:21 pm   Permalink

Wow - Martignetti's and Blanchards! I lived within stumbling distance of each at different points - sadly, I didn't yet know the pleasures of fine rum so never took advantage of their selections. They sure got a lot of my beer money, though.

Fortunatly I've become smart enough to shop appropriatly at Trader Mort's, now that I live in SD.

R.I.P. Mr. Butch!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation