FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart Crisis (Crisis Averted!--at least for me)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Lemon Hart Crisis (Crisis Averted!--at least for me)
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-05 07:04 am   Permalink

I have contacted every recommended on-line source that says they have Lemon Hart in stock . . . NONE are shipping to Florida! The only explanation they give is, "We are not currently shipping liquor to Florida". Maybe they don't believe me when I tell them that the laws here have changed and liquor CAN be shipped to Florida. The one company that I've done business with (Internet Wines & Spirits)says they do NOT plan to re-stock any Lemon Hart. I guess I'll just have to settle for El Dorado as my Demerara Rum.

Oh . . . the horror!

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-12 9:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-31 12:50, Scottes wrote:
Greenfield is only 2 hours from home... Hmmm....

I would definitely be interested in the name of the store, but don't go out of your way to get it. Still, I'd appreciate it - I've been known to drive to Greenfield for lesser reasons.

Okay, here's the scoop on the Greenfield, MA store that sells El Dorado. They're at exit 26 off of I-91. Go around the rotary until you're on East 2A and follow that straight for a mile or so. The store is on the right side of the street and is called Ryan & Casey (or Ryan & Casey's).

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-13 02:25 am   Permalink

Oh, what timing! I just managed to find the 15- and 21-year-old on Saturday night!

That doesn't mean I won't use this info though.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 3:50 pm   Permalink

Just scored a bottle of Lemon Hart 151 after a dry spell of over a year here in Michigan. Top shelf of an out of the way liquor store all covered in dust. Kinda like finding treasure.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-10 03:12 am   Permalink

Here in Europe i can get the Jamaican 80 proof,146 proof and the 151 Demerara from Guyana but isn`t there a 80 proof Demerara as well? never seen that here.
I have the Jamaican 80 proof and the Demerara 151 but I how is the Jamaican 146?

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-10 6:26 pm   Permalink

The Lemon Hart 80 just reappeared in RI again. I was getting a little worried back in December when the shelves went bare at Joyal's Liquors. That's not a usual site. If only they carried the 151!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BastardoSaffrin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-14 1:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-10 03:12, Little fragrant Tiare wrote:
Here in Europe i can get the Jamaican 80 proof,146 proof and the 151 Demerara from Guyana but isn`t there a 80 proof Demerara as well? never seen that here.
I have the Jamaican 80 proof and the Demerara 151 but I how is the Jamaican 146?

Hey, Tiare, where do you get it from? One of these stores in Germany?

View Profile of BastardoSaffrin Send a personal message to BastardoSaffrin  Goto the website of BastardoSaffrin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-16 2:11 pm   Permalink

Hi! Yes from Germany, from www.spirituosen-superbillig.com and from NurVomFeinsten.com but there you will not see it on the website but if you e-mail Frank at info@nurvomfeinsten.com and ask for it he may have it.

You can also try and mail teamhg@arcor.de, i have bought my Corubas from them.(eBay-: lieblicherwein17)

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-22 11:13 pm   Permalink

Good news! I've talked Bogie's Liquor Store in Los Angeles to carry Lemon Hart. They are really nice people and will even special order Lemon Hart 151 which only takes a few days to get in. Go and get your Lemon Hart! We need to keep this as a good seller so they'll keep it in stock.

Bogie's Liquor Store
5763 Melrose Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90038
323-469-1414

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-29 7:19 pm   Permalink

Manchester VT has a at least 6 bottles of 1515 Lemon Hart if needed. I'm up that way often. At least the had them as of this post end of Jan 2009

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-29 9:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-01-29 19:19, sneakyjack wrote:
Manchester VT has a at least 6 bottles of 1515 Lemon Hart if needed. I'm up that way often. At least the had them as of this post end of Jan 2009

How much is it a bottle there, Jack?

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTaster

Posted: 2009-02-08 06:33 am   Permalink

I couldn't find any story nearby me in New Jersey that stocks demerara rum. Nor could I find any store that could even order Lemon Hart rum. But I did find a store that could order El Dorado brand Demerara rum. Does anyone have experience with this brand. According to Sippin Safari, this is the name of the distillery in Guyana that makes all the brands of Demerara rum.

View Profile of TikiTaster Send a personal message to TikiTaster      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-02-08 12:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-08 06:33, TikiTaster wrote:
I couldn't find any story nearby me in New Jersey that stocks demerara rum. Nor could I find any store that could even order Lemon Hart rum. But I did find a store that could order El Dorado brand Demerara rum. Does anyone have experience with this brand. According to Sippin Safari, this is the name of the distillery in Guyana that makes all the brands of Demerara rum.

The El Dorado 5 year will do a great job of subbing for LM 80 Proof. The 12 and 15 year El Dorados are delicious as sippers but would be great in any drink. The El Dorado Overproof is a blanco rather than a dark as is the LH 151. You will still need the LH 151 for drinking cqalling for a Demerara overproof.

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTaster

Posted: 2009-02-08 12:49 pm   Permalink

Many thanks

Quote:

On 2009-02-08 12:46, bewarethe151 wrote:
Quote:

On 2009-02-08 06:33, TikiTaster wrote:

The El Dorado 5 year will do a great job of subbing for LM 80 Proof. The 12 and 15 year El Dorados are delicious as sippers but would be great in any drink. The El Dorado Overproof is a blanco rather than a dark as is the LH 151. You will still need the LH 151 for drinking cqalling for a Demerara overproof.

View Profile of TikiTaster Send a personal message to TikiTaster      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-08 9:53 pm   Permalink

paranoid -
I have to check but in the $30 range could be $26 to $36 - I forget.
PM me if you wants a bottle or I'll check and let you know $$$ first

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation