FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart Crisis (Crisis Averted!--at least for me)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Lemon Hart Crisis (Crisis Averted!--at least for me)
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-06 8:14 pm   Permalink

I know this is an old thread, but as someone who has personally been having a lot of trouble finding Lemonhart in Los Angeles I thought I'd post this here instead of starting a new thread.

A friend just got me a bottle of 151 Demerara (with the newer red label) from Barkeeper in Silverlake for a holiday present. This may be old news, but thought I'd share.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-06 11:21 pm   Permalink

Hi-Times Liquor in Costa Mesa still carries it.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-07 07:49 am   Permalink

http://tinyurl.com/lemonhart151

[ This Message was edited by: nomeus 2014-01-07 07:50 ]

View Profile of nomeus Send a personal message to nomeus  Goto the website of nomeus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-07 10:37 am   Permalink

Cap 'N Cork in Silverlake also might carry it - I can't recall.
Check inside w/Google

[ This Message was edited by: kkocka 2014-01-07 10:38 ]

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-07 11:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-07 10:37, kkocka wrote:

They do sell it there for $35 I believe.

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2014-01-07 11:14 ]

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-07 11:15 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2014-01-07 10:37, kkocka wrote:
Check inside w/Google

KKocka that "check inside" thing is amazing and scary all at the same time!

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-07 11:35 am   Permalink

Yeah now all we need is a "move the ladder" feature so that we can see all the rums

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rawim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-08 7:14 pm   Permalink

Mission Wine & Spirits in Sherman Oaks on Burbank Blvd regularly has it in stock. As does KL Wines on Vine in Hollywood.

View Profile of Rawim Send a personal message to Rawim  Goto the website of Rawim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-08 7:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-08 19:14, Rawim wrote:
Mission Wine & Spirits in Sherman Oaks on Burbank Blvd regularly has it in stock. As does KL Wines on Vine in Hollywood.

By chance anywhere closer to your neck of the woods, like Santa Clarita? Been doing a sweep of liquor stores to see what kinda rum stocks they have and they're all terrible so far.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-02 4:37 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know why no one in New Jersey seems to sell Lemon Hart? I can't find El Dorado either. Shipping for a $30 bottle is $14, kinda kills it for me to pay that much. Now that it's on my radar I'll be looking for it if I leave the state.

I wonder why. NJ sucks, again.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Ranger

Posted: 2014-06-13 07:12 am   Permalink

There's no distributor for Lemon Hart here in Arizona. Does anyone know where to purchase it in Las Vegas?

View Profile of Rum Ranger Send a personal message to Rum Ranger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-13 09:02 am   Permalink

It's no longer being imported, so don't hold out much hope.

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-14 7:24 pm   Permalink

But do look around - make phone calls - and you might find some within driving distance, say 2 to 3 hours depending on where you're at. (Daytrips are always nice, right?)

I just got a tip today that it's still on shelves in some places in my city. That won't last for long.

The talk among a few at Hukilau is that their research for an alternative has already begun. LH151 has become well-enough established in fine drinking establishments that an alternative to LH151 is really needed. I expect we'll be hearing of alternatives within the next 3 months. There are many fine distilleries around the world, and surely there must be a suitable product out there.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Coruba
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-27 1:19 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately, you'll probably have to bite the bullet and use mail order. This wine site also covers spirits and does a good job in finding places that have hard to get rums.

http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/lemon+hart/1/usa

View Profile of Dr. Coruba Send a personal message to Dr. Coruba  Email Dr. Coruba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-08 09:55 am   Permalink

I spoke with Tommy the bar manager at Bali Hai last night. He expressed his concern about LH 151, and didn't seem to know yet what they would do in place of it once the last of their cases are used up. And when I was at the Cat Eye Club (which has recently introduced a tiki cocktail menu) a couple of weeks ago and told them about LH151 disappearing for a year, the bartenders were kind of shocked and didn't know about it. They too weren't sure what they'd do regarding the 2-3 drinks they make that include it.

Any one know what the Mai Kai, Tonga Hut, etc. plan to do?

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2014-07-08 09:58 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation