FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving MBL's Tiki Adventure
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
MBL's Tiki Adventure
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-16 3:02 pm   Permalink

OK well it's that time again BilletProof is this coming weekend, and we are getting our hot rods ready for the haul to Ocala. But I also carved a Tiki for the "Best Wagon" Trophy. It is very similar to the X-Mas Tiki but I liked how that guy came out so what the hey. Here is the new guy drying from some spar varnish:

And for those of you who think it is impractical to own and drive a traditional hot rod...this is what happens when you fill up at the local 7-11...

Yeah...bikini model chicks want to walk barefoot in the dirty parking lot to take a pic with your car...
Tim
MBL

View Profile of MBL Send a personal message to MBL  Email MBL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-16 5:23 pm   Permalink

dude, get her number for me.........

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-16 8:33 pm   Permalink

Looking good the tiki that is.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mijaba
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-17 4:16 pm   Permalink

That tiki looks like an old dude asking for some change! Priceless- I love it!

View Profile of mijaba Send a personal message to mijaba  Email mijaba     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-17 6:25 pm   Permalink

Yes, Excellent looking tiki but not "looking like an old man asking for change", instead, looking like an old tiki who saw that chick in her bikini hanging on his car and realized that he is just a tiki head with arms and no body".
Nice Cypress tiki there MBL

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2009-03-17 18:26 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-18 03:47 am   Permalink

Hey Benzo! Thanks for the kind words. Is that a cypress log you say? I wasn't sure. This is the one that was really watery when I stripped off the bark...and it smelled of coconut. What kind of cypress do you think?
Tim
MBL

[ This Message was edited by: MBL 2009-03-18 03:56 ]

View Profile of MBL Send a personal message to MBL  Email MBL     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-21 08:36 am   Permalink

MBL, theres only a few types of cypress but in Florida I would say Bald
Cypress. Here is a shot of Aloha Station's Cypress Moai, grain look familiar?
Of course his carving is Way small compared to yours so the grain looks bigger and not so fine.

Check out Alohastation's thread
HERE for more on that.

myspace

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2009-03-21 08:38 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-21 11:51 am   Permalink

That Cypress has got some serious grain. Lot's o' possibilities with that wood. Nice work.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-22 6:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info Benzo! I will look into it more. You are probably right.

So the BilletProof Show came and went. We gave the Degenerators' trophy to the best wagon this year. Here is the tiki on stage just before being presented to the winner:

And it seems that a strange side effect of having built this Model T Roadster...chicks seem to have a hard time staying away from it

A good time had by all.
Tim
MBL

wplugger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-23 04:15 am   Permalink

How was Big Daddys show ?
I wanted to go but I didnt think they would let me in. My 53 chevy has cast [halabran] wheels.

View Profile of wplugger Send a personal message to wplugger      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-23 08:20 am   Permalink

Oh man, I think I've found a new hobby!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-23 08:57 am   Permalink

Dude, the show was amazing. We showed up on Friday and did the whole pre-party thing. Then Saturday was great. There was about 650 cars there. My buddy with the Tiki T Sedan won a trophy for Best Flake. Sunday morning, we drove home...in the roadster through horse country, smelling exhaust and orange blossoms. Couldn't have been better.
Tim
MBL

MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-03-25 3:01 pm   Permalink

Here are some more pics of the weekend. Here is when we first arrived with the trophy and the Tiki T Sedan:

Here with the other trophies made of metal:

and the winner of the Tiki:

We all can't wait until next year.
Tim
MBL

big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-25 10:45 pm   Permalink

mbl, just awesome photos, and the cars look good too. keep up the good work on all your projects.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MBL
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-05-03 6:13 pm   Permalink

Well...The Tiki T was in a photo shoot today. They took a bunch of pics and got some good ones of the interior with a fine pinup gal. Here are some shots of the day.

And the owner Jon with his Damnation Speedshop Pickup..

Tiki's Hotrods and Pinups...get better? maybe not.
Tim
MBL

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation