FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music tikiyaki orchestra - stereoexotique - now available for order !!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
tikiyaki orchestra - stereoexotique - now available for order !!!
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-27 6:18 pm   Permalink

www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 08:43 am   Permalink

for those of us that are internet purchasing unable.
will you be at any So.Cal. tiki events selling your cds?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-28 11:04 am   Permalink

I just ordered it. your CD will be listened in the exotic city of Paris !!

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 09:46 am   Permalink

..and the not nearly as exotic as Paris city of Sacramento

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 11:16 am   Permalink

Oh wow! I can't wait to see the whole CD package! I'm dying to see how the interior liner notes came out - (with the art I did for it). I guess I had to expain that so folks wouldn't think I was just some crazy Liner Notes Loving Nut. Anyways, can't wait!
Big aloha from the Volcano!
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 12:45 pm   Permalink

I've been listening to the jukebox...good stuff. Is the CD in mono too?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-29 3:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-29 12:45, Kenike wrote:
I've been listening to the jukebox...good stuff. Is the CD in mono too?

LOL...no....I know it says "StereoExotique" jukebox....Sorry, Flashplayer is in mono. Don't really know why that is...maybe faster load time.

Album is in StereoExotic Hi-Fi sound !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-06-29 8:04 pm   Permalink

...ordered and will be listed to....up the road from the not-to-exotic Sacramento....but sin city of Lincoln.

I will also be sure to have it blaring from the Bose in my Murano with the Moon Roof open on my extreme commutes.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-29 20:06 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-01 05:00 am   Permalink

WOW!!!!!

My Tikiyaki CD arrived yesterday and it definitely has exceeded my expectations.

It has wonderful arrangements in the classic "old school" Exotica mold. "Waikiki Serenade" and "Shaka Hula Bossa Nova" are two of my favorites tracks. Lots of vibes and infectiously upbeat!!

It is very refreshing to hear this type of music being played by new artists who are obviously familiar with the territory.

Pick this up NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 01:37 am   Permalink

Just bought the CD . In about a week the natives here in my hinterland Kumamoto Japan mountainmanland neighborhood are going to get an exotic earful of sounds ...

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 07:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-02 01:37, sushiman wrote:
Just bought the CD . In about a week the natives here in my hinterland Kumamoto Japan mountainmanland neighborhood are going to get an exotic earful of sounds ...

Hai !

rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-02 8:36 pm   Permalink

I was very pleased to discover my copy of 'Stereoexotique' had arrived in the mail today; on the package was written "Order #1 - thanks!", so many mahalos in return for that bit of festivity.

Just listened to the disc for the first time and it's terrific! Thanks, Jim, for letting us all know - the MP3s on your site whetted my appetite for the full-length and it does not disappoint.

Also - there are some VERY fun packaging elements with the CD that make it worth getting a hard copy! I'll say no more to keep it a surprise for those who've ordered already, but very inventive and cool.

Get it today!
~Rupe

"All the salty margaritas in Los Angeles... I'm gonna drink 'em up."
---Warren Zevon, 'Desperadoes Under The Eaves'

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-03 7:03 pm   Permalink

Just got mine yesterday and it hasn't left my CD player!
Awesome is an understatement! It is easily my new favorite "modern exotica" record.
The disc has a nice blend of jungle beat rhythms, exotica and loungy surf (ala Blue Hawaiians - Sway). I love the spaghetti-western surf inspired "Black Sand, Blue Sea"!
I knew when I listened to the samples on the Jukebox, that I would like this record, but it has far exceeded my expectations as well! (If I sound like I'm gushing, it's because I am!)
Also, coming from someone who has spent some time in the recording studio, I can say that it has that nice "fat" full bodied sound that so many musicians try to capture.
Add to this some great artwork and graphics, and as Rupe stated, some neat packaging elements, you have a solid high quality product from start to finish!
ORDER IT TODAY, YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 09:57 am   Permalink

Just an all around fantastic effort Jim. Got my copy Tuesday and like others here it's getting a lot of play time. The percussion throughout the record stands out to me beginning with the opening track. It has familiar exotica appeal, but in a completely original way, plus damn good sonics. 5 out of 5

Cheers

[ This Message was edited by: alohacurrent 2007-07-05 10:30 ]

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 10:01 am   Permalink

Just ordered my copy. Looking forward to the CD. It'll definitely get some airtime on Jet Set Planet.

~glen

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation