FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Clay Jams - Cannibal Bunnies - Mojave Mug 2012 - pg. 85
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 Next Page )
Clay Jams - Cannibal Bunnies - Mojave Mug 2012 - pg. 85
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-04 9:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks you guys!

As you all know, Hank is having a show over at his Gallery that opens on Halloween night. The show is based around Tiki and the Tarot. All of the artists that are participating were each drawn a card from the main deck of the tarot. I was drawn the Tower...not a rainbow, and kitties, happy feel good kind of a card...in fact, if you pull this card your life is going to change, and not for the better.

Copied from the Internet

Introduction to the Tower Tarot Card Meanings:
One look at this card and we know something is afoot, and it doesn't look good. The Tower Tarot card is all about change; usually very sudden, not-so-pleasant change.

Changes in life are typically gradual. This allows our minds to accommodate change, or for us to become accustomed to different shifts in our lives. When a sudden, cataclysmic change occurs, such as what the Tower card suggests, it is an anomaly of sorts. Such a drastic upheaval means the Universe trying to wake us up from our zombie-like state. This wake-up call comes in the form of an event that blind-sides us and shakes us out of the fog we've been living in.

When we are so entrenched in one single way of life, or one inflexible way of thinking we sometimes need to get a little rattled to get out of our daze. This is exactly what the Tower card represents. It's as if we we've been comatose and the Universe comes along with those electric paddles to jolt our hearts back to life.

Falling: Falling is a befitting way to convey absolute loss of control. There is no railing and no net to save us. When we're free-falling there's not one thing that can be done but fall and hope for the best when we land. Most decks depict two figures falling: A male who represents conscious thought/action, and a female who represents unconscious thought/action. In this case, this is a symbol of duality and opposition. The two figures represent conflicting thoughts and actions, inevitably leading to an eruption. This concept is at the crux of all the Tower Tarot card meanings.

Fire: Fire is typically an aggressive symbol. It obliterates everything in its path, leaving little semblance of the original landscape. This is further indication that the Tower card means serious business, and when change comes it will significantly alter the landscape of our lives. It's also worth mentioning that the fire in the card burns from the top down. This indicates that change is long overdue, and that we may be "at the top of our game" when a shift comes.

Lightening: Lightening has long been seen by ancient peoples to be a direct signal from God. Some Native Americans thought lightening was brought about by a wink from the Thunderbird who was considered the Great Creator. In India, lightening was considered a flash from the third eye of Shiva, symbolizing the light of truth and enlightenment. Lightening is a powerful message of truth emanating from our highest source forcing us to conduct a reality check.

Alrighty then...the below mug is my take on this whole dealio...this mug below is still greenware and needs a couple of firings yet...and yes, there will be real fire on the top of the Tower area!!

Both the drum shape and the Tower decoration were influenced heavily from PNG.

Sorry this post is so image heavy...us 3D dudes are kinda stuck that way...

Thanks for looking.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-04 10:49 pm   Permalink

SAI-BABA!
you knocked this one out of the ballpark
both for execution
and originality!
This TIKOT tarot show is gonna be AWESOME!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-05 05:16 am   Permalink

Those falling guys creep me out!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-05 08:21 am   Permalink

one's a girl,Bill!
read the text!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-05 2:59 pm   Permalink

Full-on bitchin'!!!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-05 5:29 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work as always, Babs!

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-10-05 9:17 pm   Permalink

OMG! PNG! killer babs!!!!!!!!! love the lil critters!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-06 12:45 pm   Permalink

Babs, very cool! amazing!!!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-10 11:26 am   Permalink

This is really wonderfull Babs! I knew you were gonna do something special. See, that deadline wasn't so bad. Sometimes short deadlines force an artist distill their work to basic elements.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-11 10:29 pm   Permalink

Hey thanks peoples

Hank - heh?

Anyway, lot's happening in the Shop lately...and, only one more day to go at the 9 to 5, and I'm a free man - YAY! It's going to be great having the extra time I need in the studio, and to also be around the grand kiddies more. I'm really looking forward to it.

First up - Mr. Marty Lush gets the spotlight this week...this first mug of his turned out extremely well in my opinion. Excellent! The way these soft curves on this mug work together really give this Moai Mug a real Modern feel. I really like it allot...Good Job Marty! I think this guy is going to be making his way over to a shelf at the Tonga Hut.

Next, is this Chop Drum Mug that I did at the Chop a few weeks ago. I have made a mold of a blank hour glass shape so that I can use them as little canvases to build up on, just like I built up on this one. It saves me a little time over rolling up slabs into this shape...not much, but some. It is going to be fun seeing how I can manipulate this shape down the road. Anyway, I think this one is my favorite Drum Mugs that I have done thus far. I used 8 different glazes to get this final look. Again, sorry about all the images...I have to figure out a better way to show my work in the round than having to post a zillion pictures

Thanks for looking all...

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Baļ
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 03:20 am   Permalink

just Fabulous!!! I'm very impress about your work!
I love the movement of the "sea creature" really feel like he swim.
and your glaze.. always impress me. BRAVO!
Hug. Baļ

View Profile of Tiki Baļ Send a personal message to Tiki Baļ  Goto the website of Tiki Baļ     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-10-12 11:50 am   Permalink

All hail Babalu!

And a great looking mug by Marty Lush.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-12 11:52 am   Permalink

Great job Babs!

And marty, very impressive!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iokona Ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 11:16 am   Permalink

Love Love Love that chop drum mug! Outtasight!
And can't wait to see Marty drinking out
of his at Tonga Hut!

View Profile of Iokona Ki'i Send a personal message to Iokona Ki'i  Email Iokona Ki'i Goto the website of Iokona Ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-15 11:42 pm   Permalink

Good evening all...

My first few days of freedom in the studio have been GREAT! Lot's of work happening. If you on my list for something, all is moving much quicker now...just hold on a little bit more

Here is a new Yipwan bowl that I finished today. It is still greenware and needs to be fired. The little bottom bowl on the underside of the bowl is designed to hold water and dry ice.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation