FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT


advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My art
My art
Nathan92
Member

Joined: Jun 30, 2007
Posts: 4
From: michigan
Posted: 2007-06-30 5:05 pm   Permalink

Im a new member, just wanted to post my artwork, i do most of it in photoshop.







and my gallery online is:
http://deimos-remus.deviantart.com/gallery/


 View Profile of Nathan92 Send a personal message to Nathan92  Goto the website of Nathan92     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Joined: Nov 23, 2006
Posts: 5666
From: Sun City Lincoln Hills (NorCal)
Posted: 2007-06-30 7:03 pm   Permalink

I like your zombie. You need to try some tiki.
_________________
"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"


 
View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Joined: Aug 10, 2004
Posts: 3030
From: Redondo Beach, CA
Posted: 2007-06-30 11:32 pm   Permalink

I checked out your online gallery.

Your rendition of Pineapple Pokopo is KEWL! Are you selling prints of this gem?




 
View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Nov 12, 2002
Posts: 7439
From: Huntikington Beach
Posted: 2007-07-01 12:33 am   Permalink

WTF?

Sven???!!


 
View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Oct 14, 2002
Posts: 3591
From: Jawja Province, Isle of North America
Posted: 2007-07-01 02:17 am   Permalink

That first one scared me shitless in a Freddie Krueger sort of way...

 
View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jul 23, 2002
Posts: 1576
From: Columbus, Ohio
Posted: 2007-07-01 02:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-01 02:17, Basement Kahuna wrote:
That first one scared me shitless in a Freddie Krueger sort of way...







 
View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nathan92
Member

Joined: Jun 30, 2007
Posts: 4
From: michigan
Posted: 2007-07-01 1:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-30 23:32, Hakalugi wrote:
I checked out your online gallery.

Your rendition of Pineapple Pokopo is KEWL! Are you selling prints of this gem?






You can print it out if you want, i didnt intend to sell any, and thanks for liking my art!
Oh, and it's just a character i made up.

[ This Message was edited by: Nathan92 2007-07-01 13:25 ]


 
View Profile of Nathan92 Send a personal message to Nathan92  Goto the website of Nathan92     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Joined: Aug 10, 2004
Posts: 3030
From: Redondo Beach, CA
Posted: 2007-07-01 7:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-01 13:24, Nathan92 wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-30 23:32, Hakalugi wrote:
I checked out your online gallery.

Your rendition of Pineapple Pokopo is KEWL! Are you selling prints of this gem?






You can print it out if you want, i didnt intend to sell any, and thanks for liking my art!
Oh, and it's just a character i made up.




Wow! So you're the one that made up Pineapple Pokopo??!! That is awesome... So I guess you must be friends with Ben Edlund. Double KEWL!!


 
View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Feb 15, 2003
Posts: 2990
From: San Diego, Ca.
Posted: 2007-07-02 1:38 pm   Permalink

Somehow those remind me of '60s-'70s Lucha Libre movies, where the Mexican Wrestlers would wear their masks to the beach or out to night clubs:



_________________
Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., Th.D., D.F.S


 
View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Aug 03, 2005
Posts: 863
From: Lowell, Mass
Posted: 2007-07-02 5:58 pm   Permalink

Ben Endlund... Had to go Google him...

Pineapple Pokopo

Pineapple Pokopo is the military dictator of Pokoponesia. In his own words; "I am not a smart man, I am not an honest man, I am not a clean man, I am not a rational man, but, I am a VERY BIG MAN!"

Pokopo is amusing in that he is a true despot, but he also desperately wants tourists to visit his island. Unfortunately for him, the only thing Pokoponesia has to offer is pineapples and sharks.

Appearances: The Tick vs. Pineapple Pokopo

Tikisgrl


 
View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Posts: 3664
From: The thumb !
Posted: 2007-07-02 9:21 pm   Permalink

to me the first three pics just look like a man with lager lips and a couple of stripes of his head. I think it just needs an extra tiki piece of flare.
_________________
20+10 =30yo

 View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nathan92
Member

Joined: Jun 30, 2007
Posts: 4
From: michigan
Posted: 2007-07-02 9:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-01 19:23, Hakalugi wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-01 13:24, Nathan92 wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-30 23:32, Hakalugi wrote:
I checked out your online gallery.

Your rendition of Pineapple Pokopo is KEWL! Are you selling prints of this gem?






You can print it out if you want, i didnt intend to sell any, and thanks for liking my art!
Oh, and it's just a character i made up.




Wow! So you're the one that made up Pineapple Pokopo??!! That is awesome... So I guess you must be friends with Ben Edlund. Double KEWL!!




No, i didnt make up pineapple pokopo, i just made up a nameless saxophone playing pineapple.


 
View Profile of Nathan92 Send a personal message to Nathan92  Goto the website of Nathan92     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nathan92
Member

Joined: Jun 30, 2007
Posts: 4
From: michigan
Posted: 2007-07-02 9:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-02 21:21, teaKEY wrote:
to me the first three pics just look like a man with lager lips and a couple of stripes of his head. I think it just needs an extra tiki piece of flare.




to me the first three pics just look like a man with lager lips and a couple of stripes of his head. I think it just needs an extra tiki piece of flare.

_________________
Is it getting warm in here or is it just me?

And his head is squarish and wooden.


 View Profile of Nathan92 Send a personal message to Nathan92  Goto the website of Nathan92     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jun 20, 2005
Posts: 299
From: The Abyss.
Posted: 2007-07-02 10:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2007-07-02 21:21, teaKEY wrote:
to me the first three pics just look like a man with lager lips and a couple of stripes of his head. I think it just needs an extra tiki piece of flare.




did someone say
FLAIR?

[ This Message was edited by: tekoteko 2007-07-02 22:23 ]


 View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:
  
v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation