FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Oceanside Chop July 14th officially!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Oceanside Chop July 14th officially!
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-13 8:27 pm   Permalink

Jason, sent you a PM with the address. Those logs sound close enough that we could go get'em if we need'em.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smokintikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-13 8:41 pm   Permalink

Got your info, thanks. Ya, they are right down the road from you. If you're where I think you are I've driven by your place more times than I can count. I've got a buddy who lives just past you. See you tomorrow. - Jason

View Profile of smokintikis Send a personal message to smokintikis  Email smokintikis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-13 10:07 pm   Permalink

hey everyone , im glade to say my wife grandma is stable and doing well, my wife and i are coming to the chop, she could use some time out and she said she would like the drive and to meet all the great people i told her about from the last chop. 4wdtiki please pm the directions to yor house see you guys tommorow

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 07:24 am   Permalink

Sam, PM sent with the address.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 10:28 am   Permalink

Wow! 2 chops, 2 power outages knock out alarm clock! What are the odds!? It's 10:30 and I'm out the door & on the road!
The Birdman

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-15 10:24 am   Permalink

Thanks for another great Chop at your place, Bill. Or should I say Chop/Mug/Pendant/Sculpt/MoldPour/ShootingGallery?! They just keep getting better!

Can't wait to see pictures!

Dave

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 10:42 am   Permalink

Thanks 4WDriver, you're the host with the most. Sorry I had to cut out but we had the world's most boring wedding to attend. The only good part was Billy Watson was the entertainment, which kicked butt. It was like an accountant's wedding. You can imagine. Billy Watson. Old accountants. Holy Crap! Lots of Jack Daniels, though.

Anyway, everybody was asking about that eraser stuff I carved - so I'll make that my Oasis demo. There's some really great uses you can put the stuff to. Easier to carve than soap. I used an X-Acto only.

Try looking it up under 'Speedball Eraser Carving' or "Staetler Eraser Carving', they both make the stuff. You can get it at "The Art Store", upstairs, in downtown San Diego.

And - I'll also do a demo on blending stains using wood wetted down with paint thinner. I used Red Chesnut and Ebony on that fish, both of which were suggested by Tiki Master Buzzy!

And, I'll show how to transfer a drawn image to wood.

How's that?

Did everybody have fun????

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 1:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-15 10:24, Tikidav wrote:
Thanks for another great Chop at your place, Bill. Or should I say Chop/Mug/Pendant/Sculpt/MoldPour/ShootingGallery?! They just keep getting better!

Can't wait to see pictures!

Dave

Yes, GREAT fun chop, Bill. Even though I destryed a beautiful peice of wood.......I'm still all tore up about it, man......thinking of what I could have done with it had I not.....well, you know what I mean.

No pellet guns next time.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 2:01 pm   Permalink

Hey Folks! I enjoyed the chop (They're habit forming, huh!?) 4wd is an excellent host, thanks brother! Cammo, you left before I was even able to get there, see you next time! Clysdale was following his promise to keep on my ass, thanks to you bro (I think?), Billybob was filling the air with his unique ambiance (No thanks bro!), and everyone else for being an all around good group of folks! Here are a few pics I took.

The Birdman

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 4:12 pm   Permalink

Man, it turned into quite an enjoyable chop, after all the shooting stopped!

My yard has a fresh layer of wood chips, on top of the layer from the June chop. (I believe in the Buzzy Method of Lawn Maintenance.)

We had some tikis started, some tikis finished, some ideas discussed, some alcohol consumed, some bodies sunburnt. I call that a success!

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 9:00 pm   Permalink

Woah, another killer Chop! How many of these have we had now? I guess the following images speak loader than words, however, Kate wanted me to remind Clysdalle that this tiki she was sawing on, is done.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 01:59 am   Permalink

GREAT pics, guys!!! I forgot to sign my permission slip for Tiki Village at Oasis. Who's got those?

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 07:55 am   Permalink

great time everyone!!! man, every one just gets better and better.....

Hey I also didn't get to sign the slip....forge my name..it's all good!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 09:48 am   Permalink

I've got the slips, maybe we can do a meet up at the Thursday night pre-party at the Bali Hai and get the rest of them signed? If you miss us (me or Cammo) there, we can probably have people sign them as soon as they show up to chop.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 3:28 pm   Permalink

Is anyone going to need help stripping logs before Oasis? If so, I'm down!!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation