FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Oceanside Chop July 14th officially!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Oceanside Chop July 14th officially!
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 5:16 pm   Permalink

I forgot to sign my slip too. Oops.

Thanks again Bill for hosting another great Chop.

I'm in the home stretch with my tiki. I just need to break through that last area of the headdress and get all the detail carved into the body and sand him and stain him. Okay, maybe not the home stretch. Let's call it the final lap. But I swear he's not showing up at the next Chop unless I decide to bring him to Oasis to decorate my space.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 5:40 pm   Permalink

Kate, bring the little guy to the Oasis! He's a great piece of work, probably the best you've done. I really like it. You could decorate your space and your room with it. One hand carved Tiki is worth an entire warehouse full of plastic junk bought from Party City.

Clysdalle has promised to humbly apologize in front of all of us for saying you couldn't finish it.

What stain color????

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 6:17 pm   Permalink

Great Chop! Creativity and laughter was flying full speed! From Babalu’s talented fingers molding a new tiki mug, to Meiko demonstration on casting, to DaveTiki’s intricate new pendants.

I myself can’t believe I got so much done on the new tiki. I hand-striped, sanded, sketched a new design, drew it onto my newly stripped log and carved all in one day.

Buzzy thanks for the invaluable tips on duplicating the sketch onto the log. Thank you 4WTiki for the sanding/power tool tips and the chalk line tip. Thanks Kate keeping the faith with using hand tools and not being tempted by the lure of Clysdale’s evil chain saw.

I don’t think I could have done it with out the power of the Spamsubi, Yakasoba and the positive creative energy of this group!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 6:30 pm   Permalink

CheekyGirl's camera battery died, so here are her first two progress shots.

Huzzah. It's the new log. Huzzah.

The shaving of the log.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 5:01 pm   Permalink

So in cleaning up, I see some left behind items. A box of Crayonex crayons, a can of spray urathane (Mieko?) and a red hand truck (Eric?). Anyone want to claim items, I can bring to the next chop.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 5:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-17 17:01, 4WDtiki wrote:
So in cleaning up, I see some left behind items. and a red hand truck .

crap! Zaya, I need you to swing by Bill's for me...please.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 5:24 pm   Permalink

It's going to cost ya.

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 6:14 pm   Permalink

Great Chop!

Keep the crayons 4WD. And keep them outa the sun.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 8:00 pm   Permalink

Yeah, probably mine, can of Deft spray lacquer? It's my fav stuff by the way, especially for the little stuff, dries fast and looks good. I like the satin more than the semi gloss, but Home Depot was out of the satin.
Bring it to the chop if you think about it, or I'll pick it up later, no hurry.

Mieko

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 7:39 pm   Permalink

Weee, free crayons.

I finished my chop tiki yesterday, here it is.

I based it off of one of Mieko's pendants, but word is, she can't see the resembance.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-19 12:17 am   Permalink

Nice bro, more for me to copy from! Lol!

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-19 2:34 pm   Permalink

Yeah, nice tiki, man!! That mask piece you gave me is coming along nicely as well. Maybe I'll bring it to Cammos tonight.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-20 5:46 pm   Permalink

Nice work.

Kate, thanks for the work in progress pictures. I'll post some pictures soon of the new "West-Cheeky" Tiki. My "Leaf Me Alone" Tiki is finally compelete...burned and stained.

I tell you..these chops are turning into my most favorite thing!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation