Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Mighty Tiki Cake
Mighty Tiki Cake
suburbansavage

Posted: 2007-07-05 3:04 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

I'm an infrequent visitor (I really must drop by more often) but wanted to share the tiki ice cream cake I made last weekend. I'm so proud.

It was made using a cheap plastic tiki wall-hanging (the $5 kind that you get at the party supply stores) as the mold. The outer shell is melted chocolate. Inside is a layer of ice cream and a layer of cake. The flames are raspberry and mango coulis.

View Profile of suburbansavage Send a personal message to suburbansavage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 3:31 pm   Permalink

Outstanding!

Rum-flavored ice cream, right?

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 3:53 pm   Permalink

I know that plastic wall hanging! How much ice cream did it take to fill it?

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 7:22 pm   Permalink

Absolutely fabulous use of the Party City Tiki!

I too am wondering how much ice cream? Did you use a sheet cake as the base...I'm envisioning a rum-soaked cake with pineapple-coconut ice cream on top. (Now I'm hungry)

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbansavage

Posted: 2007-07-06 10:57 am   Permalink

It took:

* about 2.5 gallons of ice cream, softened by putting it in a KitchenAid stand mixer
* 2 cakes (9"x13")
* 24 - 30 oz. of chocolate for the shell

I used 2 tiki masks, one layered in side the other, for stability. One mask is just too flimsy on its own.

The cake was choco-macamadia.
The ice cream was banana (altered plain vanilla with real bananas and banana liqueur)

View Profile of suburbansavage Send a personal message to suburbansavage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 10:58 am   Permalink

Very nice job.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-07 08:15 am   Permalink

Good work! That's art we can sink our teeth into! And delicious, no doubt? We haven't heard the full review until there's commentary on the flavor!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-08 10:35 pm   Permalink

WoooHooo! I want a piece

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kukuthi

Posted: 2007-07-12 3:47 pm   Permalink

Genius,pure genius.

I have a couple of those ugly masks

View Profile of Kukuthi Send a personal message to Kukuthi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation