FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Forbidden Island Summer Of Mug Phase Four: The Limited Edition FI/Munktiki Fugu For Two! 7/15/07
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Summer Of Mug Phase Four: The Limited Edition FI/Munktiki Fugu For Two! 7/15/07
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-07-05 9:27 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

It’s that time again already! And get ready for something special: By popular demand, I’m very pleased to announce the release of a limited edition run of Customized Forbidden Island Fugus!

Working with Munktiki is always a pleasure. The birth of the Fugu for Two began in the winter of 2006, when I went to their studio to discuss some ideas for mugs. Paul & Miles were extremely gracious and wanted to know how they could help. Paul suggested his famous Fugu Sipper design, which I loved, but was impractical for commercial use because of the small opening and straw holes (too hard to clean). I suggested that if we cut open the top, we’d be on to something. Soon after, a prototype came my way with a nice opening which not only made them work, but also really helped show off the interior glaze. I created a drink for it, the Fugu For Two, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I’ll say that few things about Forbidden Island have had as warm and great a reception as the FI Fugu mug. It’s one of the most asked about items in the bar, and, as you all know, highly coveted. So much so that we take a deposit on them when we serve the drink! That hasn’t stopped a few from swimming off (grrrrr), but that’s life in the booze trade.

BUT— Now’s your chance to have your own! I went back to Paul and told him I needed some for the fans. They asked what color I wanted, so I told Paul to be creative, have fun, and do whatever he wanted. I love what he did, and I hope you will, too.

Check it out!

***ON SALE Sunday, July 15th, 2007 at 3:00PM***

*Less than 50 available in a one-time only limited edition run (non-numbered)
*Unique-to-FI glaze (yellow with orange spots/high gloss black interior) and cast in the “FI Flattop” style.
*Custom FI/Munktiki logo on the bottom of the mug.
*$60 each
*Mug will come with a copy of the “secret” Fugu 4 2 recipe!

*Usual FI sidewalk rules apply. Cash sales only. This item will ONLY be available at Forbidden Island- no internet/mail/phone orders. First come/first served.

Mahalo everyone!!!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 9:41 pm   Permalink

WooooooHoooooooo!!!! Some of you know how happy I have to be to utter THOSE two syllables!!! The only thing that would make it better would be if it were purple! But these are way cool colors too! I will SO be there early for this one!

Thanks FI for this super fun Summer of Mug!!! And Thanks to Munktiki for making some of my very favorite mugs!!! You guys rock!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-07-05 9:48 pm   Permalink

What the *@#$&!?

I am jealous and mad at everyone who gets one!

Bah!

Did I mention I was Jealous?

[ This Message was edited by: Bora Boris 2007-07-05 22:16 ]

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 10:40 pm   Permalink

Damn! I'm missing out on all the FI bad ass mugs!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 10:56 pm   Permalink

oh boy
oh boy oh boy
oh boy oh boy oh boy
oh boy oh boy oh boy and oh boy.

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-06 08:21 am   Permalink

Damn, I am going to be dead tired. It will be a 4 hour drive back from Lake Shasta and most likely with an ass kickin' hangover. I just hope I make it in time. See you all there... again.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 09:32 am   Permalink

Word.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 6:34 pm   Permalink

Mug Weirdos Unite!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-06 7:12 pm   Permalink

I be bringing me fish nets wit

me and hope I cans catch me A

Fugu!!! SEE YA THERE!!!!

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-07 09:57 am   Permalink

It looks like a giant gumball with that finish.

See ya bitches (next) tamale!

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-07-07 10:16 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-09 1:45 pm   Permalink

Looks like it will be another fun wait inline !!
see ya there..

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monet2u
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-09 3:24 pm   Permalink

That's a mighty fine looking mug.

View Profile of monet2u Send a personal message to monet2u      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Buster
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-09 5:30 pm   Permalink

I think I'll have to get the dog show chairs back out from under the house. Who is buys the coffee and bagels this time ?

View Profile of Buster Send a personal message to Buster      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-09 6:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-09 17:30, Buster wrote:
I think I'll have to get the dog show chairs back out from under the house. Who is buys the coffee and bagels this time ?

Careful you don't muss those rhinestones...

Nytshaed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-09 6:58 pm   Permalink

Woooooot!! I will be there. BRIGHT, well, maybe not BRIGHT, but EARLY.... I think I will bring my UBER RARE Purple Fugu with the Deadly Red spots to drink my coffee from and tease ya'll.....

Nytshaed
Alcoholics to go meetings,
I am a Beverage Connoisseur...

[ This Message was edited by: Nytshaed 2007-07-09 19:06 ]

View Profile of Nytshaed Send a personal message to Nytshaed  Email Nytshaed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation