FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Saturday, AUGUST 4th....Sam Gambino at Sam's Seafood date changed....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Saturday, AUGUST 4th....Sam Gambino at Sam's Seafood date changed....
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-08-06 10:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-06 08:25, little lost tiki wrote:
Quick! Make another mug Sam,so we can do this again!HiHo!

There's a fun place in Downtown L.A. - Sam's Hofbrau that could use a mug update.

I vote for that!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 11:42 am   Permalink

The missus and I were able to stop by for a bit. ST actually got a picture of her getting a print signed!

Hey! Any chance you can send me the real file?
The mugs are awesome. Our food was fine, and the drinks were good. The zombie was strong. I highly recommend the ribs from the appetizer menu. Very tasty!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-06 1:25 pm   Permalink

Here are some pics of the Mug(s) and Poster for the event...
Did you know there were 2 (two) different mugs produced for Sam's???
One by Sam Gambino and one by Squid... See if you can guess who did which...

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-06 6:52 pm   Permalink

What a blast! GREAT FOOD!! who said the food at Sam's lacked??? It was FANTASTIC! GOOD TIMES, GOOD FOOD, GOOD FRIENDS!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-06 8:21 pm   Permalink

Well, I missed most of you noodle heads when I got there at 11:30 after attending a wedding in Newport Beach. I had a wonderful time chatting with tiki heads who were still there, meeting Mr. Sam and chatting with the manager of sams. I love sams, I don't know what everyone is complaining about in the other thread, sams is back and I am VERY EXCITED!!!!!!!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 11:17 pm   Permalink

I hear ya Al,
I was at a big show in LA that was a not to miss event also.
so hard to flip a coin and decide on which to go to.
damn, wish I could have been there. But I will make many of the
Tiki Tuesdays for sure.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Quote:

On 2007-08-05 11:53, crazy al wrote:
Go SAM!! Wish i Was There!... quick make new mug... do it again soooon!!

i'll miss tonight too!! have another great one!

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 12:28 am   Permalink

I just want to say that I had a GREAT time at Sam's and at Tiki Farm. It was a genuine pleasure to meet so many TC friends there! I've not been to California since '86, but everyone made me feel so welcomed that I can't wait to return. To be honest, it was like the feeling I get when I return home to Detroit to see my close family members there. I won't attempt to mention everyone because I'm afraid I'll forget someone or leave out a name.... there's a price to pay when working around oil based paints, you know! (Just ask Kelly - I was doing well to put the correct year on her mug! )

Thanks also to Holden - he has more cool than..... well, the Dude Abides! I had a great time at the Farm too. Holden - you're a first class guy.

As for Sam's, the food was excellent and the night was one I'll never forget. They bent over backwards to make me feel welcomed and did a fine job (to say the very least). Thanks, Sam and Samantha! It was a pleasure to meet you and simply to be a part of what you are doing there.

By the way, I met Bamboo Ben's mom while I was in Huntington Beach. She has all the charm and kindness of a million grandmas in one. I could have talked to her all day. She took this pic.....

Hey Al and Ben - Sorry I missed ya's. I'll catch you the next time around! I promise it won't be long.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 10:03 am   Permalink

I had a _____ time. The food was ____ and the drinks were _____. It was great hanging out with ____, _____, ______ and the rest of the So Cal Hoities. Especially ______ because they crack me up. Very _____ meeting Sam G; what a great guy.

Sam G - Thanks for taking time to chat with me while your cold dinner got colder. Sorry for slurring all over it.

See you all at Oasis!!!

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation