FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving NEW update from the carving dungeon! pg 4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
NEW update from the carving dungeon! pg 4
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 12:53 am   Permalink

benella>> Is there any tiki bars or other places in Paris? I mean its s huge.
You cant see my tattoos that well, Its my friend with the stripes on his arms.

Tikifreak1>> I havent had their hot dogs since i was a kid, I go for the veggie pizza slices when I go to ikea.

Benzart>> Many thanks. The work bench is really quite interesting. It was in my fathers garage when they bought the house. Its a traditional Swedish carpenters bench. It has had the same design since the 1700 i think. Any swede will recognize them from wood work class at elementary school. My bench is hand made probably by the same carpenter or wood worker that used it. It has to be atleast 50 years old, but due to the fact that the modell has been the same for so long its hard to tell.

View Profile of tikidreams Send a personal message to tikidreams      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 08:10 am   Permalink

Tikidreams, I love that first picture of you on the bike, it is a classic. Your work is great for a first timer. Keep on creating and posting. The little power tool looks great, maybe I will buy one for myself.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
insanetikiers
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-15 08:45 am   Permalink

i like the latest carve man. i'm wantin to do one simillar for my bar. keep up tha good works.
oh, dig the ride to! easier on gas!

View Profile of insanetikiers Send a personal message to insanetikiers  Email insanetikiers     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 12:03 am   Permalink

Hi Tikidreams,

Unfortunately there is no tiki bar in Paris. I've send a mail to trader vics to know why, they answered there is no particular reason for it ! So I'm waiting

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-18 11:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the friendly comments. Maybe an update tonight with some chainsaw rough cuts if the weather is allright.

View Profile of tikidreams Send a personal message to tikidreams      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-20 08:29 am   Permalink

A little project by myself and a friend. We decided to practice or chainsaw skills doing a moai. We shared the work in backbreaking postures. This is a work in progress.

Me working on the small log with a 20-30 year old skil chainsaw. Heavy as hell and with no safety features whatsoever, but not bad att all. Note the hunchback.

Working with my new husqvarna 321 electric. This was my first try with this new saw. It spat a lot of oil on the Moai, but thats just the nature of it Ive learnt.

End result of this session. Not bad for a first timer and a 2nd timer. Atleast we think.
All and all, it was a good learning experiance.

[ This Message was edited by: tikidreams 2007-07-20 14:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikidreams 2007-07-23 00:43 ]

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-21 10:19 am   Permalink

I would say this is a nice moai.

Ben.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 11:20 am   Permalink

An update of some of the things Ive been doing this summer. Any comments more then welcome.

Burned the Moai

Me and my friends workspace.

Doing some chisel work.

Work in progress, got a bit twisted. It was hard working with a log this heavy.

Mouth.

Head piece and eyes.

My friends tiki burned.

[ This Message was edited by: tikidreams 2007-08-20 11:23 ]

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 12:58 pm   Permalink

Nice! Gettin bigger and bigger. I still struggle with alignment, but, this might be because of the rums.

Very nice

Thanks for sharing

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 01:02 am   Permalink

Very nice work.
Did you only used chainsaw and chisels or did you sand a bit ?
Will you leave it natural or will you add some wax ?

Benjamin.

tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 06:27 am   Permalink

Mctiki>>Thanks!

Benella>> On the Moai we only used a chainsaw and an angle grinder with a rasp disc. On the larger one i used chainsaw, straight flat chisels and angle grinder with rasp disc. Still some more stuff to deal with on it.
I will probably burn it and brush it with a steel brush, do some darker contrasting burns and then oil it.

Thanks for the comments.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 06:45 am   Permalink

Very nice work.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 06:47 am   Permalink

Hey Dreamer, Excellent first/second Tikis, Very nice with excellent deep detail. I see you have plenty of wood so Keep on Carvin'

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-24 07:02 am   Permalink

Nice work! Keep it alive in Sweden and hopefully it will start spreading.

You mentioned how backbreaking the chainsaw work is and I noticed your posture in the picture is a bit bent over. I find my back gets pretty tweeked as well, Any seasoned carvers out there have advice on the best way to position wood and ones carving stance to avoid getting bent? I would like to create a carving platform for the different angles I know I will be needing repeatedly has anyone rigged anything similar.

It sux getting old.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 07:37 am   Permalink

hiltiki >> Thank you!

Benzart >> Many thanks. Yes, we have good supply of wood. We will take down a pine tomorrow and season the wood. The logs were working with now is not optimal. They have been laying around for to long is soaked with water and bug eaten. But its a learning experience (even though i already have a few orders for friends to do ).

Bohemian>> Yeah your right. Its a real hunchback way Im working in the picture. But we upgraded our workbenches last time we were out to our country side spot.

Tomorrow I will try and finish up the large tiki and another tiki Ive made. will probably burn, brush with a steel brush, contrast burn and oil them.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation