FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving NEW update from the carving dungeon! pg 4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
NEW update from the carving dungeon! pg 4
Moondance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 11:05 am   Permalink

TIKIDREAMS-
I'm lovin' your fine chainsaw work! Post more photo's please.
Ray

View Profile of Moondance Send a personal message to Moondance  Email Moondance Goto the website of Moondance     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 1:14 pm   Permalink

Some updates.

The little guy isnt finished in this picture.
This was several months ago know.
Hope you like it and let me know what you think.

View Profile of tikidreams Send a personal message to tikidreams      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 1:59 pm   Permalink

Great tikis - I luv the little guy. It's very distinctive and original looking (to me). And I envy your work environment!

Thanks for the photos!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 11:44 pm   Permalink

Happy to see you're back, man.
Very nice new pieces, especially the little fellow: his eyes and teeth are pretty well carved.
Did you burn the wood or stain it?

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-18 7:17 pm   Permalink

Right on nice tiki's. Good to see tiki carving going on in Sweden.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-19 06:28 am   Permalink

TheBigT >> Thanks a lot! I also envy that work enviroment.
Its at my friends moms place out in the countryside. We went there 6-7 times this summer. Now its cold and Im back in my basement.

Benella>> Thank you Ben! The big one is burned (chared) and then brushed clean with a rotating steel brush.
The small one i just "practice burned" with a new small burner.

seeksurf> Thanks! We dont have a scene in Sweden but Im trying to create something over here.

View Profile of tikidreams Send a personal message to tikidreams      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-19 6:39 pm   Permalink

Excellent carvings there Dreamer, i Love the hacked up mask, Daring and brave with super results. Way to go!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-09 11:42 am   Permalink

Hello everybody!
Indoor season has begun. We had our first snow this week.
Ive been busy in spare time down in my underground workshop since earlier this fall.
Heres the result so far.

The big nostrils will hold a bone or tusk of some sort. This is a commision work for a tattoo studio. He wanted just the face, otherwise i would have gone for a whole body tiki. Well, a tattoo and some exposure for my work for me and a tiki for him, a fair deal.
Comments are more than welcome.

[ This Message was edited by: tikidreams 2007-11-09 11:47 ]

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-09 7:36 pm   Permalink

Tikidreams, Very nice he looks big, love the nose.
You must not be maried from the looks of the house carving room going
on. Good to see a post.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-10 01:51 am   Permalink

I'm speechless. Amazing.
The nostrils are just top shelf and the idea of a "piercing" is coooooool !
How will you finish it ?
Waiting for the next steps

Ben

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-10 07:39 am   Permalink

This Ben can't wait to see how you will finish this guy up too! He has lots of potential and looks like he is heading for a Lots of tatts..

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 07:33 am   Permalink

Your work is great, you have a great talent for carving and design. Keep on posting pictures of your carvings we love it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 09:02 am   Permalink

I'd like to see more of that carving dungeon! Wear your mask!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 09:40 am   Permalink

seeksurf> Thank you for the kind words. As a matter of fact, Im not married.
But the carving room I rent downtown Vsters. Its in an apartment building so taht constricts my working hours quite a lot.

Benella>> Thank you Ben! It will be stained light brown with some contrasting darker brown i think. I think i will try and wax it afterwards. Havent tried that with a sculpture yet.

Benzart>> Thank you Ben! Im glad you like it. Hes not heading for any tats, but I sure am.

Hiltiki>> Thank you for your kind words. It means a lot that some likeminded people are seeing my work. Tiki is small in Sweden.

Surfintiki>> Ok! I sure will. It really is a dungeon without a window.

tok-tok
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 10:16 am   Permalink

heyho.
Looks really great so far. I wonder, how you will hammer out the teeth?

In comparison to the size of your workbench (nearly the same as mine, by the way), this guy must be ca. 1 meter ( 3,2 ft.) or higher, am I right?
Your workplace looks a bit like a music practice place or a studio, what one can see behind the tarp. Its a nice idea, that kind of noise insulation in a "carving"-dungeon.

Keep it psycho....<;-)

Mahalos from germany for all the good stuff.

tok-tok

View Profile of tok-tok Send a personal message to tok-tok      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation