FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-09 09:26 am   Permalink

The BIG CHOP at Oasis VII

The Rumors are True!

The Largest Gathering of Tiki Carvers Ever Assembled in One Place at One Time!
Choppin’ like crazy!

This is it. The Big One. The Tiki Chop Chop of all Tiki Chop Chops.

The one everybody can visit and participate in, at Oasis VII in San Diego, August 17-19th.

Carving Demos by all participants!

Special Guests - Tiki Ray and other superhero carvers!

Buzzy Gives Advice! Visit the Roving House of Buzz in person!

The First Ever No Rules Tiki Auction!

Door Prizes, even though there's no door!

A Full Native Carving Village with Classic Hawaiiana & Exotica Tunes pumping all weekend!

Three days of fun and hilarity, Friday through Sunday 10:00-5:00 at the Hanalei West Parking Lot! (We’re never calling it the Red Lion. It’s the Hanalei.)

No Tickets needed, no cost, just Show Up!

- Carvers (in no order whatsoever) -
Bosko
Buzzy
VonTiki
Michael Breckinridge
Clysdalle
Mr. Noname
Billy Bobaloo
4WDriver
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Lee
T-Birdman
Mieko
CheekyGirl
Big Daddy Cannibal
TikiDav
Babalu
Cammo
Davez Tikis
Tikimecula
Cannibal Sam
Cannibal Pops

And more . . .

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2007-08-22 06:51 ]

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-09 10:36 am   Permalink

Yes, the rumors ARE true. The LARGEST chop-chop Oasis has ever seen, right here on our home field!!........and I will be in attendance, chopping, getting drunk(a constant .15 BAC will be maintained throughout the weekend) and playing with my chainsaw. I may not have my Flex-cut set by then, but I've got some Home-Depot chisels and an electric freaking chainsaw!!!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-09 12:16 pm   Permalink

BillyBro, I got some firecrackers left over from the 4th.

Bring some stuff from Nevada, savvy?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-09 1:52 pm   Permalink

are the guys gonna auction off whats carved there?.....and whens this gonna happen....sat or sun.......sat i hope......ah... memories in the makin.....

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-10 01:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-09 12:16, Cammo wrote:
BillyBro, I got some firecrackers left over from the 4th.

Bring some stuff from Nevada, savvy?

Roman candle fight?

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-10 06:29 am   Permalink

- Tiki Auction -

The first ever no-rules smack down no mercy Tiki Auction, Saturday afternoon in the carving area. Tikis carved in front of your very eyeballs and auctioned at bargain prices! It's gonna be swell!

"Roman candle fight?"

You asked for it, bro. Garbage can lids for shields? They'd bounce off real nice, POW!

closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-11 7:54 pm   Permalink

cooooollllll...im bringin my folding money....

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 3:38 pm   Permalink

Pendant Design for the Carving Village;

The carver name will go where it now reads 'da Big Chop'.

You like?

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 6:54 pm   Permalink

I like it. I'll wear it!!

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-12 8:07 pm   Permalink

Pretty sweet, Cam!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 8:39 pm   Permalink

Cool, Cam.

How big is it going to be?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 9:59 pm   Permalink

Kate - 2 1/2 inches tall.

Mieko is going to give it the olde college try casting the sucka, we're gonna try to make it look just like wood. I tried to design it like a combo Polynesian fish hook, knife, chisel, and that pendulum thing that mad scientists are always trying to cut the good guys in half with.

Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-13 10:22 pm   Permalink

It totally ROCKS !!!!

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 12:42 am   Permalink

WOW!
Awesome line-up and awesome pendant!
The auction's gonna be SO much fun! I wonder how ripped I can get and still do the auctioneer "chant"....?

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 10:13 am   Permalink

Our Tiki Carving Village Special Guest this year is Richard Morgan Howell. He carves stuff like this –

And this –

He learned to carve in the South Seas, during his full time work as a fisheries expert. He’s lived everywhere, carved with natives in Tonga, Fiji, Hawaii, you name it. He came to Babalu's Lemon Grove Chop, and let Clysdalle use a real adze for the first time. We got along with him right away.

Because he’s also a fishing pro he also carves stuff like this –

he likes fish hooks ...

And can tell you anything you want to know about Polynesian game fish, tiki chopping techniques, strange rituals unseen for centuries, and the secret ways of the headhunting tribes of Papua New Guinea. I’m not making this up!

To top it all off, his name really is MR. HOWELL. Holy Cripes, his name is Mr. Howell! You can buy him a drink, he seems to like the stuff, and listen to his stories of danger and wood chips at the Tiki Carving Village every day. He'll be chopping a tiki there.

Richard's incredible website;

www.oceania-art.com

Laytah -

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation