FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
Exhaustion after the Big Chop at Oasis VII
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 10:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-21 10:31, tikiskip wrote:
billybobaloo Quote
"Since this is the Buzzy worship thread, here's my contribution~
IT'S BUZZY!!!!!"

Like little girls? You may have something there.

Babalu Just took a look at your stuff and it's looking good.
Porps to you man! Awesome.

Uh.......Buzzy is a friend of mine, ignoramus. Swing and a miss. I'll trade insults with you all day, bozo.......I'm home from work, injured from a motorcycle accident, and I just got a new script of painkillers.......wanna stop now, or should we keep going? I'd like to just post pics, but if I have to spend my time on you, I will.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 11:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-21 09:06, Monkeyman wrote:
Thanks Mieko for letting me use your chisels on Friday. I was hoping to get the group log a good head start but alas it was not an idea that was going to catch on.
maybe another time.

We will be working on it - I love what you started, so I made sure Bill took it home and we can carve on it for the next few chops. Maybe we can auction it off next year at Oasis!
And you can borrow my chisels anytime!
Quote:

On 2007-08-21 09:06, Monkeyman wrote:
Thanks Cammo for going to so much trouble making those pendants they really turned out nice

Did you get yours?? We didn't have one ahead of time cause we didn't know you were gonna carve, but I wanted to make sure you got one.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 11:24 am   Permalink

first of all.....HIGHEST WORSHIP STATUS .........goes to the guys and girls at the carving village....these were the guys out there carving out in the heat for you to see....they stopped what they were doing to answer questions...explained different log types and how to spot a good one..explained tools ..just about any thing you wanted to ask about ....major kudos..........i learned a lot just watching........i bought a buzzy.{ a couple of them }..and a billybobaloo...i found their carvings to be unique....not cookie cutter.......yeah i did buy a couple of cookie cutter tikis from the importer guys also...but i have to say....the billybobaloo and the buzzy stuff is what did it for me,,,,,i was crushed when someone beat me to the big one billybobaloo was working on...IT WAS COOL............as for crazy al....i didnt see him out there carving ...i did see him dance though...

[ This Message was edited by: closettiki 2007-08-21 11:26 ]

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 11:34 am   Permalink

"I'd like to just post pics, but if I have to spend my time on you, I will"

That's what started this whole thing.
I asked about pictures of the stuff Bosko and Tiki Diablo
donated to the raffle.
Then someone went coo coo and started to sling insults around.

So does anyone have any pics of the master tiki carvers
Bosko, Crazy Al, Or Tiki Diablo?
Their dreamy.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 11:39 am   Permalink

Monkey the Man gets one, we have like 2 left I think. I actually LOST T-Bird's ( It's probably in the pool) so he'll get set up too.

He's the Fisheye Fotos in no order at all -

Our guardian Tiki-

Do you think some people look like the Tikis they carve?

The happy Cannibal -

The creative Process -

Dav finds shade-

Break time -

This is the look Kate gives vendors when she wants a deal. It usually works-

Cheeky goes pro -

Babs taps one out -

HEY! What are you DOING?!

This guy IS Oasis.

Jimbo, a very happy camper.

And these guys were all our faves, they had a great attitude, serenaded us with uke and bongoes, and then proceeded to rip logs apart all weekend. They were SO into it. Bravo, bro's. (Lets get these guys pendants!)

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 12:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-20 21:22, Tikidav wrote:
Quote:

The only question I have for everyone-- where'd you all get them sawhorses? I gotta get one of those!

Hey Josh- You can get them sawhorses at Home Depot or just about any hardware store. All ya do is nail a couple O' 2X4s to the sides and whamo! Instant Tiki carving station.

Super big thanks to Cammo and everyone else involved for putting the Carving Village deal together. Good times............good times.

As soon as I posted, I remembered that's where I'd seen 'em. I've already got my sawhorse, 2x4 nailed on each side, and my oasis log is sitting high (away from the dogs)! Even got a few chops in last night before it got dark! Awesome idea!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 2:47 pm   Permalink

Hey Choppers!
Your village struck me with awe!

I really looked forward to a first-time slicing on a group log, but what with the level of beauty going on, retreated back into the huddled masses appreciating radiant greatness.
It didn't even occur to me 'till reading these most recent postings that a group log was not seen...

B.Bobaloo, thanks for taking a few minutes to chat - and keep on your doc, man: pain does not help the healing process.
Brilliant showing, every one of yuz!

A friendly warning to the chap casting aspersions on my new friends here:

It's both about the art and the process.
If you like it, buy it: reward the artist who makes you happy.
If you don't, be quiet and listen: the artist gets it, others get it, you don't get it.
If you pay attention, you might learn a thing or two about why you don't get it.

Maybe next year I'll get up the nerve to sink my claws into some palm wood...

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 2:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-21 14:47, Tiki Lion wrote:

A friendly warning to the chap casting aspersions on my new friends here:

It's both about the art and the process.
If you like it, buy it: reward the artist who makes you happy.
If you don't, be quiet and listen: the artist gets it, others get it, you don't get it.
If you pay attention, you might learn a thing or two about why you don't get it.

Well said.....you get a mai tai on me at the next chop!!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 3:14 pm   Permalink

Wow, I saw no slight whatsoever in Skip's comments. :shrug:

Billybob, love ya man, but do us all a favor and drop it!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 3:22 pm   Permalink

Also, did anyone happen to get a pic of the finished small mask type carving I did for the auction? Anyone know who won it?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 3:27 pm   Permalink

Yeah, you're right about the group log. We had one and Monkeyman started it real fine, but we ran out of sawhorses to balance it on.

It turned out that once somebody started chipping away at a log, they just couldn't stop. It was great seeing novices get hooked and not going away. The only problem was they were using all the available sawhorses. That's OK, next time we're setting up a whole LOT of carving areas.

We learned a lot, and it all came off great considering it was organized in a kind of unorganized way.

Chop chop swim chop chop musubi chop cool room drink swim hi mean gene hi buzzy drink chop chop ...

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 5:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-21 15:14, 4WDtiki wrote:
Wow, I saw no slight whatsoever in Skip's comments. :shrug:

Billybob, love ya man, but do us all a favor and drop it!

I dropped it. I went to buy a new chainsaw. Now I'm happy as hell. I'll be bringing it to the Balboa chop.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 5:19 pm   Permalink

"Oh you take the high road, and I'll take the low road..."
Way to take the high road Billy Bob, you da man!

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 5:28 pm   Permalink

I took the high road and got a new chainsaw. Lots of stain, varnish, sandpaper, and fuel, too. Now I can continue to hack my way to enlightenment!!!

****Billybob takes a chill pill instead of a vicodin****

AAAAAHHHH!!!! Mental floss, baby!!

Nam Myho Renge Kyo!!......I keep forgetting that, so thanks for keeping me in check, guys.

H2O Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-21 6:25 pm   Permalink

BillyBob

Nam Myho Renge Kyo!!......

Please tell us what that means man

Or just remind us that forget what it is.

View Profile of H2O Tiki Send a personal message to H2O Tiki  Email H2O Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation