[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Theme From Cleopatra
Theme From Cleopatra
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-10 11:27 pm   Permalink

Just curious if anyone has this exact LP in their collection:
Theme From "Cleopatra"
on budget Viking label, by The Viking pops Orchestra.

I ask because I have an interest in budget labels and "fake soundtracks", where they take one or two songs from the film and fill the Lp up with original music that COULD have been in the film. I have an interesting LP "Theme From Mondo Cane and more horror music" by Viking Pops, which outside of the "More" theme is all Chaino music.

I'm wondering if this Viking "Cleopatra" is the same? One actual Cleopatra theme and the rest either drumming, Chaino or generic uncredited "belly dance" music..or, if perhaps, it might be pseudo-Eqyptian orchrestral movie music.

Anyone know?
Cheers

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-13 9:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-10 23:27, Kaiwaza wrote:
Just curious if anyone has this exact LP in their collection:
Theme From "Cleopatra"
on budget Viking label, by The Viking pops Orchestra.

I ask because I have an interest in budget labels and "fake soundtracks", where they take one or two songs from the film and fill the Lp up with original music that COULD have been in the film. I have an interesting LP "Theme From Mondo Cane and more horror music" by Viking Pops, which outside of the "More" theme is all Chaino music.

I'm wondering if this Viking "Cleopatra" is the same? One actual Cleopatra theme and the rest either drumming, Chaino or generic uncredited "belly dance" music..or, if perhaps, it might be pseudo-Eqyptian orchrestral movie music.

Anyone know?
Cheers

Kaiwaza,

I'll dig in the record pile and see if I have it. I DO have the Mondo Cane LP you mention. That's just NUTZ! The Cleopatra one sounds really familiar. I'll see what I come up with.

glen

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-15 6:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks glen..will be looking.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation