FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Saw these in Downtown Philly. Are they real?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Saw these in Downtown Philly. Are they real?
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-19 7:29 pm   Permalink

Did you see on ebay that the Ren Clark salt & pepper set that were modeled after the Guaranko tiki I bought for $1500 sold for almost $600. Crazy man, crazy.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-19 7:37 pm   Permalink

Wow! I guess Charlie was not easier to work with.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-20 11:12 am   Permalink

Not sure I follow you on that one? The price of the S&P shakers is the crazy bit and that was from ebay not Charlie. Charlie Neri has actually been pretty helpful in giving what info he had on the tiki's I bought. He said the ones with the Hirch Auction tags came from Pub Tiki which ID'd the matched set of 4' Marquesans. The photos of Langerman's from TCer's has pegged the ashtray and the small Samoa tiki. All in all not bad, I sure wish I could come up with another $2500- $3000 to try and get that bad ass Maori tiki.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-20 12:31 pm   Permalink

On the salt and peppers well that's just crazy.
As far as the $1500.00 it's not real high.
But it's not a steal either.
You got some great stuff.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-20 1:38 pm   Permalink

On the salt and peppers well that's just crazy.

Crazy, crazy like a hyena! Not only does one get two, that's t-w-o, shakers, they're from Ben Clark's. Ben's, the bastard son of ole Ren, who started his own Polynesian Village in direct and fully contemptuous competition with his sly, but all together neglectful father. He didn't last long, but what he lacked in business acumen the young Ben made for with sheer unadulterated malice.

The rarity of those shakers cannot be measured by man, nope. They need specially trained dolphins to do the math, by sonar. I'd dare say $550 or so is a steal, a downright Tijuana back alley hold-up of biblical proportions. Old testament, too.

They're not just shakers, they're...ok, they're just shakers. I guess I was having another hypoglycemic spasm there, my mind ain't the same since this whole Menudo concert/Harry Potter thing. Ok, and two people bid over $500 for them, and that's American, not that tepid Canadian currency, right?

Jesus weeps,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-20 1:43 pm   Permalink

Can I get an Amen?

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-20 1:48 pm   Permalink

But seriously,

If I can get him down to $1500 for the reddish Bumatay what do you think?

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-20 3:30 pm   Permalink

My dad always said something is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
If that the one you like I say go for it.
I like the third one at the start of this thread.
But we know he has had these a long time.
And the poles are $1500.00, and there 8 feet.
I would use that to bring the price of the Bumatay down.

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-20 4:52 pm   Permalink

Good point. He also had a shorter tiki in back I didn't see but he later e-mailed me about and was asking 350. I may try and get him to give me that and the other one for $1200. "Don't want to hagle?"

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-20 5:08 pm   Permalink

Give him your phone number and tell him if he ever lowers his price to call you.
Should he say no.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation