FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT


advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Monterey Tiki Open House
Monterey Tiki Open House
Okolehao
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 03, 2006
Posts: 234
From: Monterey, CA
Posted: 2007-07-11 12:47 pm   Permalink

Genteel people of the islands, I am inviting one and all to my first Monterey Tiki open house so that I can meet converted Tikiophiles, and maybe convert some friends into Tikiophiles. It will be held at Hula’s in Monterey on Friday, July 20th. I will be giving out small Lil’ Slugger ceramic shot mugs as an enticement to come by and introduce yourself.

For those who are interested, what would be a good time to meet? Be aware that the place gets packed on Friday nights, but the bar area should be able to handle a standing crowd. If people are interested in eating there I’m able to reserve tables together in their Tiki Room addition, provided the reservation agreed upon is early (between 5:00 and 7:00).

What say you? Any takers?


Aloha,
Okolehao



The Lil' Slugger



[ This Message was edited by: Okolehao 2007-07-11 21:26 ]


 
View Profile of Okolehao Send a personal message to Okolehao  Goto the website of Okolehao     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jun 16, 2006
Posts: 1822
From: An island in the bay
Posted: 2007-07-11 12:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-11 12:47, Okolehao wrote:
Genteel people of the islands, I am inviting one and all to my first Monterey Tiki open house so that I can meet converted Tikiophiles, and maybe convert some friends into Tikiophiles. It will be held at Hula’s in Monterey on Friday, July 20th. I will be giving out small Lil’ Slugger ceramic shot mugs as an enticement to come by and introduce yourself.

For those who are interested, what would be a good time to meet? Be aware that the place gets packed on Friday nights, but the bar area should be able to handle a standing crowd. If people are interested in eating there I’m able to reserve tables together in their Tiki Room addition, provided the reservation agreed upon is early (between 5:00 and 7:00).

What say you? Any takers?


Aloha,
Okolehao



The Lil' Slugger





No way I'm driving to Monterey on a Friday after work just for dinner and drinks. Make it a Saturday and you might get a better turnout. Also, a lot of the Bay Area people are driving to Southern California for a major tiki event that's happening the next day, so there may not be many of us around that Friday.

[ This Message was edited by: JenTiki 2007-07-11 13:02 ]


 
View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Okolehao
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 03, 2006
Posts: 234
From: Monterey, CA
Posted: 2007-07-11 2:05 pm   Permalink

Good point about Friday vs. Saturday. I was thinking more in terms of locals only being interested. If ya'll would rather have this on Saturday the 21st, if you're actually considering coming, let me know.

And I know this pales by comparison to Tiki Farm, but I'm stuck here, as I would imagine many others will be too. Even if I'm the only one at the bar, I'll still be having a good time. : )

Okolehao



 
View Profile of Okolehao Send a personal message to Okolehao  Goto the website of Okolehao     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jul 26, 2006
Posts: 210
From: Carmichael, CA
Posted: 2007-07-12 06:43 am   Permalink

I would need more time to make this work and I would certainly get a room also.....but I like your spirit.
Saturday would be better for most.........That Friday afternoon gets pretty ugly.
enjoy an adult libation for me!


 
View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jul 07, 2005
Posts: 2272
From: The Polynesian Port of NOLA
Posted: 2007-07-12 10:03 am   Permalink

Drat! Mr. TofuJoe and I won't be able to make it, either. We will try to get to the next one.
_________________
"If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
-Catherine Aird


 
View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Joined: Nov 23, 2006
Posts: 5515
From: Sin City Lincoln Hills (NorCal)
Posted: 2007-07-12 1:07 pm   Permalink

Sorry...but I have to agree. I need notice ahead of time by a few weeks so I can plan to attend something like this. Unfortunately Friday traffic is going to make it impossible for me to attend. If you plan to do this again, maybe shoot for the end of August like on Saturday, the 25th...mid-afternoon. That will allow people time to get there that have far to drive. I hope you have a good turn-out next Friday though...and post pictures.
_________________
"Oh waiter, another cocktail please!!!"


 
View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Feb 16, 2003
Posts: 824
Posted: 2007-07-13 10:32 pm   Permalink

Hula's on ANY Friday night would be tough but during the summer? The bar is only standing room. I agree with the other posts, a Saturday afternoon would be best. I'll try to be there anyway.
_________________


 
View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kolohe
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Jul 15, 2007
Posts: 18
From: East Frisco Bay
Posted: 2007-07-15 5:01 pm   Permalink

I'm new around here. Where's this place in Monterey? What are it's hours? Address? I'm up in Frisco Bay.

Thanks
Kolohe


 
View Profile of Kolohe Send a personal message to Kolohe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Joined: Jun 06, 2003
Posts: 5792
From: CaliTikifornia
Posted: 2007-07-15 9:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-15 17:01, Kolohe wrote:
I'm new around here. Where's this place in Monterey? What are it's hours? Address? I'm up in Frisco Bay.
Thanks
Kolohe



Where's Frisco?


 
View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Okolehao
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 03, 2006
Posts: 234
From: Monterey, CA
Posted: 2007-07-16 08:15 am   Permalink

Here's the link to Hula's. It give a good descripition of the place and a map.

http://www.hulastiki.com/

It's not the Tonga Room, but it's still a nice place. Very good food.


 View Profile of Okolehao Send a personal message to Okolehao  Goto the website of Okolehao     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kolohe
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Jul 15, 2007
Posts: 18
From: East Frisco Bay
Posted: 2007-07-16 6:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-15 21:36, Unga Bunga wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-15 17:01, Kolohe wrote:
I'm new around here. Where's this place in Monterey? What are it's hours? Address? I'm up in Frisco Bay.
Thanks
Kolohe



Where's Frisco?



Frisco--- that place with all the kooks and nuts on the water.


 
View Profile of Kolohe Send a personal message to Kolohe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kolohe
Tiki Centralite

Joined: Jul 15, 2007
Posts: 18
From: East Frisco Bay
Posted: 2007-07-20 10:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 08:15, Okolehao wrote:
Here's the link to Hula's. It give a good descripition of the place and a map.

http://www.hulastiki.com/

It's not the Tonga Room, but it's still a nice place. Very good food.



The place looks awesome. I'll have to make a day trip out there.


 
View Profile of Kolohe Send a personal message to Kolohe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:
  
v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation