FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » TikiHula's Open House Party July 14th
TikiHula's Open House Party July 14th
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 2:44 pm   Permalink

Aloha NorCal tiki dudes and dudettes. I know this is sort of last minute, but you're all invited to our "Mike & Alia bought their first house" party. A few weeks ago we bought a mid-century modern home in Carmichael (Sacramento area). It was built in the 60's by the Streng Bros. and we absolutely love it! And although we have big plans to tikify it - we haven't done much yet. I do have the Witco fountain out on the patio along with my bar. So, I'll be mixing some great drinks and we'll have lots of good food and great folks to chat with. PM me or call for directions and stop by anytime after 4pm on Saturday.

mahalo
Mike
(650) 291-2473

The Tiki Gallery has over 1,400 photos!
www.TikiRoom.Net

[ This Message was edited by: TikiHula 2007-07-12 14:45 ]

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 3:35 pm   Permalink

i believe someone is turning 40 that day as well....

we're in.

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 7:01 pm   Permalink

Mike - my brother from another mother! I was just thinkin' about you the other day when I spent nearly 4 straight hours watching some of those MXC dvds you made for me! Glad to hear everything is going so well for you (late congrats on the nuptials, too!). I'd be there if I could - I'd love to hang with my Hoopty-peeps and visit my "old house guest"! Ahhh... someday... Have a great housewarming!

PS - no new Rush stuff for you at the moment, but I can give you a concert review after the 23rd!
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 10:19 pm   Permalink

Congratulations on the home, Mike & Alia. Sounds good, and I eagerly await seeing what you end up doing to it tiki decor-wise.

Have fun, enjoy the new place.

Forty? That's like the new 30!

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
moondog426
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-13 05:26 am   Permalink

Congrats to you Mike and Alla...I won't be able to make the 14th but I am glad to hear of your news. Sounds like we are neighbors. We'll have to hook up soon. Enjoy your new surroundings.
Ken

View Profile of moondog426 Send a personal message to moondog426  Email moondog426     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-13 05:29 am   Permalink

Congratulations on the new home. Sorry I will miss this event, I have plans for the weekend. Wishing you a great party and post pictures of your tikifying.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-13 6:39 pm   Permalink

Congrats Mike,
Good for you. First you get a beautiful wife, now a beautiful home, you're on fire. I wish I could make it. Have fun. I hope to see you soon.
Al

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-07-14 12:42 am   Permalink

I'm so jealous!! I love the Streng Bros homes. I just spent a week in Carmichael, where I grew up, w my folks. My dad told me he went to an estate sale at a Streng Bros home a few weeks ago in Carmichael and the home was for sale. I'm thinking it is the same home. My friends have one in Davis.

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 10:03 pm   Permalink

Mike & Alia, great house and party. Thanks for the invite and company, great people and nice to see some new neighbors! Look forward to more get-togethers!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and great Witco fountain you have)!

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 10:31 am   Permalink

It's a beautiful house and with Mike and Alia's special touches, WOWZA! Congratulation you too and thanks for being such gracious hosts and friends. Look forward to seeing you at Oasis!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 10:59 am   Permalink

Sorry Chief Bartender and I missed your shindig. Looking forward to seeing you at Oasis. Congrats on the new home!!

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 6:01 pm   Permalink

Mahalo to everyone for the well wishes. The party was great - just the right amount of hosting, bartending, and relaxing. We'll do it again after Oasis - and we have more tiki stuff up. I was so busy I didn't even take any pics.

Dr. Z, howz our f*** Thor? Still don't miss an MXC episode! Hope to see you at Oasis...?

And yes, 40 IS the new 30...or is it 25....let's say 21

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation