FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music $ 49 for Tak's Mganga - was I nuts ?
$ 49 for Tak's Mganga - was I nuts ?
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 02:38 am   Permalink

My curiosity perhaps got the best of me regarding Tak Shindo . I just won a mono Mganga on Ebay for $ 49 . I outbid a guy from Belgium with seconds to go . I'd almost forgotten about the auction , but after coming upstairs and putting on Martin Denny's Quiet Village LP I remembered . There were 4 minutes left to go on the auction . Yikes !

Supposedly the cover's condition is vg++ , with a 4" top seam split. The record's condition is excellent+.

Anyway , from what I understand this is a pretty rare bird , and probably the best Tak album , so I'm happy .

[ This Message was edited by: sushiman 2007-07-14 07:17 ]

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-14 06:42 am   Permalink

Sometimes you've got to have it no matter what. Have fun with it, $49 is not going to brake your bank account.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 10:53 am   Permalink

Short answer: YES you were nuts

Then again it is a great record. $49 is too steep IMHO but if you wanted it NOW and it's in excellent shape you will be happy. Don't lose any sleep, it didn't cost you any more than a nice meal out.

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 2:58 pm   Permalink

Hehe...Well , the guy in Belgium whom I outbid is nuts , too ! : )

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 11:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 10:53, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:

Who can say, really. Nuts is relative. I knew a guy once who almost spent $76 on a record of trumpet blasts and dune buggy engines roaring. Now he was crazy.

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 08:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 23:07, I, Zombie wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-07-16 10:53, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:

Who can say, really. Nuts is relative. I knew a guy once who almost spent $76 on a record of trumpet blasts and dune buggy engines roaring. Now he was crazy.

That is REALLY NUTS! What kind of MANIAC would do such a thing? Then again, I'm sure he had good reason... or he was Ebaying Drunk or something. (Something to avoid lest you wind up with an $80 copy of Bug-In.)

[ This Message was edited by: Quince_at_Dannys 2007-07-17 08:10 ]

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation