FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Tiki Island at the Bali Hai November 2, 2007
nicktiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-12 9:03 pm   Permalink

I tried to get a Saturday night but nothing was available. I would have preferred a Saturday as well. It was a Friday or nothing. I chose Friday. I reserved this in January just to get a Friday in November. Bali Hai does great business on the weekends. I hope people from LA still can make it down. Most of the artists will be in attendance, two great bands, good food and drinks, a lot of people coming in from out of town. It should be a great night!

View Profile of nicktiki Send a personal message to nicktiki  Email nicktiki Goto the website of nicktiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 11:03 pm   Permalink

Nick,
sorry to be a griper, it just seems everytime there is a surf show in SD its on a fri. also.
Its a tuff scramble to get there, but I can do it, if I really put my mind to it.
thanks for putting this together, I'll see ya then.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-15 10:22 am   Permalink

I'm booked, we are heading down Fri. morning & staying the weekend with the Ohana... going to Sea World Sat. & the Zoo on Sun. We havn't done the tourist trip in years. It's gonna be fun! Don't miss it! Great Mug Squid & Holden!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-16 11:24 am   Permalink

Dont worry Nick . If you build it , they will come . Its a month before xmas and a couple months past tiki season . They will be coming from all over to get their tiki on . You planted the seed , now let it grow , Ray

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI-RAY 2007-09-16 11:24 ]

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-18 07:58 am   Permalink

Don't forget to make your Reservations!!!

Quote:

On 2007-09-05 16:45, WooHooWahine wrote:
Aloha & WoooHooo! I've done a little homework and here's the info I have for you regarding accommodations. Humphries requires a two night minimum for the weekend and their room availability is very limited to rooms that are really pricey for that weekend. BUT...... The Best Western Island Palms Hotel (which is right next door to Humphries and within walking distance to The Bali Hai) has availability. If you are interested in staying their I reserved a Block of rooms at the rate of $175 for the night of November 2. Call 1-800-922-2336 to reserve your room. To get this rate mention Tiki Magazine Rate. Feel free to PM me if you have any ?'s Mahalo!!

Rooms at The Island Palms are going quickly. If your planing on staying there for the night book your room ASAP!! Don't forget to tell them that you want the Tiki Magazine Rate
[/quote]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-18 10:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2007-09-11 20:59, bigtikidude wrote:
I'm all over that show, just wish it was later than 6 pm, its gonna be a beotch getting down there by then. wish it was Sat.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

I feel like such a crybaby, but man, I 2nd that...I wish it were on a Sat. as well, I can't take the time off work. (Whaah Whaah)

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 3:05 pm   Permalink

We'll be showing up with 200 of our limited edition Goof mugs. Here's a photo of the 1st one out of the kiln...

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 3:08 pm   Permalink

Is there a limit per person for the mug, Holden? Not sure if I can make it since I'm probably working that Saturday, so I was hoping to have someone pick one up for me.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 3:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-19 15:05, MakeDaMug wrote:
We'll be showing up with 200 of our limited edition Goof mugs. Here's a photo of the 1st one out of the kiln...

Woah!
Now that's one way cool mug!!!!
VERY NICE!!!!

Are the 200 that will go to the Bali Hai the only 200 that will be produced? Or will there be some additional ones available through Tiki Farm at a later date?

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 3:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-19 15:08, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Is there a limit per person for the mug, Holden? Not sure if I can make it since I'm probably working that Saturday, so I was hoping to have someone pick one up for me.

There is a limit of 1 per person but I think it'd be only fair to do the following...

We can start a list for anybody who can't physically make it if there are any mugs remaining after the event. I know we'll sell a lot of these but I don't think it will eclipse the 200 mark. There is so much other great art that will be available to purchase at the event and most of us have only "so much cash" to spend.

The mug is $25 and as indicated, is limited to a total of 200. I am going to start a thread shortly in the Tiki Marketplace forum. Look for the title "Bali Hai Limited Edition Goof List".

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 6:49 pm   Permalink

Very cool, and he's got both eyes! I'll be there.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-20 8:24 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

Rooms at The Island Palms are going quickly. If your planing on staying there for the night book your room ASAP!! Don't forget to tell them that you want the Tiki Magazine Rate
[/quote]

So the Island palms regular rate is $179 a night and I just called and they said the Tiki Magazine rate is $175. Wow what a savings! $4! Tiki people get no respect man. Anybody know what the discounted rate is? I don't think the operator knew what was going on.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-20 8:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-20 20:24, Swamp Fire wrote:
So the Island palms regular rate is $179 a night and I just called and they said the Tiki Magazine rate is $175. Wow what a savings! $4! Tiki people get no respect man. Anybody know what the discounted rate is? I don't think the operator knew what was going on.

Think of the savings as gas money to get you to Trader Mort's and back. I had wanted to book a room at Humphreys but with a two night minimum I'll be driving home at the end of the night.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaliTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-21 3:50 pm   Permalink

I would go if this were on a Saturday. It's just not worth it to me to take a day off of work and drive all the way from LA to San Diego on a Friday just to spend a few hours at the Bali Hai to see the same old people I pretty much just saw at Tiki Oasis.

View Profile of CaliTiki Send a personal message to CaliTiki  Email CaliTiki Goto the website of CaliTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-21 4:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-21 15:50, CaliTiki wrote:
I would go if this were on a Saturday. It's just not worth it to me to take a day off of work and drive all the way from LA to San Diego on a Friday just to spend a few hours at the Bali Hai to see the same old people I pretty much just saw at Tiki Oasis.

Well, ok, but what would you have said if everyone in here said that about the Hollywood Tiki Egyptian LUAU you posted a flyer for here in June ?

If you don't have anything nice to say.....(you know the rest)

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation