FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island Announces First Ever Tropical Appetizer Cookoff Sunday August 12th @ 3:00pm!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Announces First Ever Tropical Appetizer Cookoff Sunday August 12th @ 3:00pm!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-07-16 6:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

We’re pleased to announce the first ever Forbidden Island Tropical Appetizer Cookoff! Bring your finest exotic tidbits to Forbidden Island on Sunday August 12th and prepare to dazzle the judges with your culinary delights. We’ll have great prizes, drink specials, and it’s all a fundraiser for Alameda Meals on Wheels! Here’s how it works:

To enter your appetizer in the competition:

There are no rules to the appetizers, other than they must be “tropically” themed. You may choose to do something contemporary, or “retro”. Each person should prepare 45 individual (bite-size) pieces, and bring napkins or small plates if needed. There is no preparation space at FI, or power, but you are welcome to bring a chafing dish or portable hotplate/propane burner if needed. You should also bring a card table for your display. A good display and presentation will impress the judges! Each judge will have a sheet with your name and the name of the appetizer on it for scoring. Top three winners will be awarded fabulous prizes! There are no subcategories so feel free to use any ingredients including meats and seafood, although vegetarian entries are encouraged.

TO ENTER THE COMPETITION: Send your name, contact information, and recipe (name and ingredients, exact recipe not required) to (email disabled) **Please send all questions to that address as well.**

TO JUDGE (only judges will be tasting):

Tickets ($15) for judging will be on sale at the door at 3pm. Tickets will be limited so we suggest that you arrive early. You’ll get a wristband and a score sheet which will entitle you to one of each of the appetizers. Proceeds from the ticket sales will go to Alameda Meals on Wheels.

***Grand Prize: A Cruzan Beach Cruiser Bicycle, compliments of Cruzan Rum!!!***

Tasty fun in the sun for a good cause! Plus booze. Win Win!

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2007-08-16 07:45 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-07-16 7:13 pm   Permalink

DEADLINE TO ENTER YOUR APPETIZER IS AUGUST 7TH!

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2007-07-24 10:10 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 11:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 19:13, martiki wrote:
DEADLINE TO ENTER YOU APPETIZER IS AUGUST 7TH!

Crap!

Missing the fun again!

Mrs. Boo and I will be there on the 5th.

We never get to have fun, cept for this short time.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 11:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 23:14, RevBambooBen wrote:
Mrs. Boo and I will be there on the 5th.

How thoughtful of you to come up for my birthday! It'll be cool to see ya Ben!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-07-24 10:11 am   Permalink

BUMP!

Looking for more contestants!

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-07-24 12:03 pm   Permalink

Yours truly will be submitting an entry. Not sure what it is yet, but it will win!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 12:57 pm   Permalink

thejab wrote:
Not sure what it is yet, but it will win!

Dean stole my idea. Back to the ironing board for me.

Hmmm, fifteen Chicken Tenders, half a dozen orders of Sweet Potato Fries, one tub of Thousand Island Dressing, some grated coconut. Third Place, easy!

I'd like to thank the judges,
Chef Boy-R-midnite-E....Bam!

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 4:49 pm   Permalink

Can I get someone else to enter my dish?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 10:22 am   Permalink

IN and my dish will win. bahhhwwahhahhhh

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 1:14 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: aquaorama 2007-07-25 19:26 ]

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-07-25 3:18 pm   Permalink

Great to see the interest! Don't forget to submit your info to the website in the first message!

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-05 02:11 am   Permalink

Bump! August 7th (the deadline to enter your appetizer) is THIS TUESDAY!!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 4:44 pm   Permalink

I have 2 appetizers but I don't have the time.

The cabana / slave boys want to be judges and not enter mine appetizers.

Maybe I can get my sister to enter.....

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-08-07 9:09 pm   Permalink

LAST CHANCE TO ENTER!

Anyone else?

aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 07:32 am   Permalink

My team continues to work on our recipe to perfect it....I so want the Beach Cruiser bike!.....

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation