FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Backyard Tiki Hut - Deck finished! Pg. 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Backyard Tiki Hut - Deck finished! Pg. 3
TikiMike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-18 9:51 pm   Permalink

Sorry about the time lapse... time flies when you're at your real job. Just a quick update on the faux boulders. I finally started the large waterfall in the back corner of the tiki hut. This is basically the same process as the smaller boulders except I constructed a metal lathe shape using metal construction studs for the framework. That bump-out on the front is where I ran 3" PVC tubing in order to provide access for the water tubing and the power for the underwater lights. There will be four large boulders making up the waterfall when it's done. Let's hope my next post doesn't take so long!

View Profile of TikiMike Send a personal message to TikiMike  Email TikiMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 12:03 pm   Permalink

Wow, professional looking work! This was exactly what I needed to see, I wasn't sure how to make standard fir dimensional lumber look good. Never thought of using a router for pattern carving.

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-07 5:46 pm   Permalink

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted pics of my backyard tiki hut (yet to be named). I have an excuse though, I've been working on one of these. Cole will be soon able to enjoy the fruits of my aching back!

So I finally got the deck built, and I sanded it all down today. I plan to stain and seal tomorrow if the weather looks good. I'll have more pics and details soon of the waterfall feature in the back corner.

View Profile of TikiMike Send a personal message to TikiMike  Email TikiMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-07 6:16 pm   Permalink

Suuuuuure, it was all just a shameless plug, for a shot of the baby!!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-07 6:36 pm   Permalink

Congrats on your little one and he is lucky to have such a talented Dad...the deck is awesome.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTres
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 08:30 am   Permalink

I'm re-roofing my patio and incorporating an A-frame and thought I did a lot of oddball saw cuts last weekend, but it was nothing compared to your project! You don't hardly have two boards that are the same length! You've obviously got a LOT of time in on that. It looks great!

View Profile of TikiTres Send a personal message to TikiTres  Email TikiTres     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 08:42 am   Permalink

WOW! This is awesome. You've got some serious skills. The stone work looks so real! Thanks for posting!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 10:17 pm   Permalink

Looks great. Would love to see it in person sometime.

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-10 5:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the positive comments!

Here is the deck with dark walnut stain and sealed with DEFY clear epoxy sealer

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-11 04:18 am   Permalink

Looks great. Love the way the deck works around the rocks

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sasquatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-11 07:18 am   Permalink

... stunning! A great post thanks for sharing

[ This Message was edited by: sasquatch 2008-09-11 07:33 ]

View Profile of sasquatch Send a personal message to sasquatch  Email sasquatch Goto the website of sasquatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shampoovta
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-12 6:53 pm   Permalink

Wow that is sweet. So meditative.

View Profile of shampoovta Send a personal message to shampoovta  Goto the website of shampoovta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-12 7:51 pm   Permalink

good times ahead!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-12 7:54 pm   Permalink

NICE ROCK!

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-smith
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-14 11:35 am   Permalink

Wow! Simply incredible work! The 'stones' are truly amazing!

View Profile of tiki-smith Send a personal message to tiki-smith  Goto the website of tiki-smith     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation