FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food I want to make okolehao - need ti roots!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
I want to make okolehao - need ti roots!
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-06-17 07:43 am   Permalink

Quote:
Which book?

Beachbum Berry Remixed

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gondo

Posted: 2010-06-22 7:21 pm   Permalink

I don't know if this is of much help, but the label on my now empty bottle says-

'Okolehao is made with aged whisky, tropical flavors and the ancient and revered Hawaiian Ti Root plant...'
' ...our Okolehao bourbon liquor...'

This was the last modern run that Hawaiian Distillers ran in the late 90's, early 00's I believe.

As this is the only version I've tried, I can't say if it has the classic flavor, but it was tasty that much I recall. Hope it helps your search.

View Profile of Gondo Send a personal message to Gondo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-01-02 01:54 am   Permalink

There was an article earlier in Dec. (Honolulu Star Advertiser) about some old school okolehao...
http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=login&f=y&id=134983043

Good Luck!

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kid_dynamo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-02 3:54 pm   Permalink

Our shipment of Okolehao Liqueur from the same people that make Maui Rum just arrived. I have no idea if it is authentic at all, but it makes an awesome Happy Buddha.

View Profile of kid_dynamo Send a personal message to kid_dynamo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tofukulele
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-01-02 4:57 pm   Permalink

The commercially available okolehao from Haleakala Distillers (makers of Maui brand rum) is admittedly inauthentic. These folks were featured on Zane Lamprey's Drinking Made Easy and said as much.

http://drinkingmadeeasy.com/episode-guide/drinking-made-easy-maui/

View Profile of tofukulele Send a personal message to tofukulele  Goto the website of tofukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation