Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Bedroom ceiling tiki-fied
Bedroom ceiling tiki-fied
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 09:28 am   Permalink

I did a little work on the house this weekend , and since I haven't been doing any carving lately , I figured I'd post this .

Well actually I do have a new tiki in the works , but not done enough to post yet .

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 09:50 am   Permalink

Nice detailed work dude! Awesome.

Ok, enough chit chat......go finish deh Tiki

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 10:02 am   Permalink

fine . . . here's a taste

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=24983&forum=7&0

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 10:24 am   Permalink

nice!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 10:30 am   Permalink

That looks great! I was thinking about doing something like that. How did you install it to the ceiling???

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 2:03 pm   Permalink

It was pretty easy actually , if you have a friend to help . . . unless you use very small sections it's not really a one man job . I used 4 X 11 strips so it was a little unwieldy and would have been impossible by myself .

I just cut it to length , and then held it up and stapled it into the ceiling with an air gun . I had my wife hold up the back part with a broom so it wouldn't pull out while I was tacking it up . The first one sucked , the second one was a lot easier , and after that it was a breeze .

The bamboo splits are just drilled , countersunk and then screwed into the ceiling .

The whole job took a few hours over two different days . I ran out of bamboo and had to go back to the store for more .

sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-26 2:31 pm   Permalink

lookin good mr kotter!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-26 6:31 pm   Permalink

Ooooh....great, you are the second one to post pictures of a ceiling like that recently. I appreciate the instructions, as I think that would look nice on my ceiling some day. My ceiling is 16 foot, so it is going to take a couple of folks that are not acrophobic to do mine.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation