FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving new tiki , sneeky peeky stained & ready to mojo
new tiki , sneeky peeky stained & ready to mojo
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 10:01 am   Permalink

So the last one took so f~ing long because of the amount of detail , I wanted to go primitive on this one . I'm also going to try a real dark mahogany type of stain . Maybe glossy . . . . we'll see .

[ This Message was edited by: mike-stobbe 2007-07-24 14:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mike-stobbe 2007-08-06 09:27 ]

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 2:55 pm   Permalink

Mike, Me Likey! Mahogany finishes tend to not share the details (esp. Glossy) unless it is kept in a dark and forboden place...like a basement bar with disparaging lighting.

Beautiful so far man. Keep us up to date.

I see a bunch of pre-infantiles lying around....Here that's called "TikiUnborneousneglectess maximus"

There must not be laws concerning this disturbing behavior.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-24 8:17 pm   Permalink

Mike Stobbe! Where ya been, man? Come to one of our Chops sometime!

Your dude is looking good.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikidreams
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 10:53 pm   Permalink

Nice work!
But what the hell did you do to the guy behind the logs!?

View Profile of tikidreams Send a personal message to tikidreams      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 11:09 pm   Permalink

I've been busy being mister domestic , I need to get back in the swing and go to some chops , indeed

That guy was the last guy who was helping me husk those fuckers . . . he expired !

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 11:34 pm   Permalink

Can't wait for the next pix to see the "primitive things"

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 10:07 am   Permalink

this weekend I'm going to maybe torch it a little to get some hilights , then stain it .

I think I'll start with a medium dark one , but not super dark . . . I'll post pictures .

mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 09:31 am   Permalink

Okay here he is in all his dark & ominous glory . . . I think it's kind of too dark maybe , but I wanted to see how dark I could go , and then try to bring it back a little with sanding & stuff . Next time I'm going for a lighter dark brown tone . With the right lighting he would be very spooky .

Also if anyone is interested , those two big fellas behind him in the first image are now residing in my alley . Anyone who want's them can come get them . P.M. me if you have a truck and a big friend .

[ This Message was edited by: mike-stobbe 2007-08-06 09:35 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 08:17 am   Permalink

Woah, More Nice stuff there mike. I really love the natural one in the last picture, Really Cool.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 08:29 am   Permalink

Thanks man , I think I need to experiment with different shades of dark & light on my next one . or sand it differently , or something . . .

sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 2:50 pm   Permalink

of course i likes it! im a finknik! heheh good work dude! i like the dark, its different, and sometimes being different is what makes you stand out! just look at me.

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 12:07 am   Permalink

WOW
Beautiful stuff.

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation