Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki velvet paintings
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
velvet paintings
jimmytillitt62

Posted: 2007-07-27 01:01 am   Permalink

I RECENTLEY PURCHASED A VELVET PAINTING OF A POLYNESIAN GIRL, ON RED VELVET IT IS A VERY NICE PAINTING MATTED AND FRAMED BEHIND GLASS SORT OF SHADOW BOX STYLE. IT HAS A STUDIO TAG ON THE BACK THAT READS, T.T. STUDIO OIL ON VELVET #70. THEN THE PAINTING IS SIGNED "MR. TIP" ON LOWER LEFT SIDE. THE GIRL IS HOLDING TROPICAL FLOWERS AND ONE BREAST IS SHOWING. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THIS PAINTER OR STUDIO? OR KNOW WHAT VALUE THIS MAY HAVE? THANKS FOR ANY INFO. JIMMY T.

View Profile of jimmytillitt62 Send a personal message to jimmytillitt62      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-27 03:20 am   Permalink

Gotta pic of the painting?

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimmytillitt62

Posted: 2007-07-27 1:26 pm   Permalink

I DO NOT HAVE A PHOTO OF THE PAINTING BUT I WILL TAKE ONE AND POST IT SOON. J-

View Profile of jimmytillitt62 Send a personal message to jimmytillitt62      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-29 4:11 pm   Permalink

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 12:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-29 16:11, Tiki Matt wrote:
WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

LOL!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 2:05 pm   Permalink

IS THIS THE SHOUTING POST!!!???
WAY TOO LOUD IN HERE!
COULD YOU GUYS KEEP IT DOWN OVER HERE!!???
HARD TO READ WITH ALL THESE FOLKS HOLLERIN!!!!!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 2:10 pm   Permalink

SHHHHH!
I'M TRYING TO GET SOME WORK DONE!
SHEESH!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 3:33 pm   Permalink

if u go here...
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=3129&forum=5&hilite=velvet
you will find more info on velvet paintings on a thread already entitled "velvet paintings"

ptd (i know i am and ssh! be verwy quiet, i'm huntin wabbits)!

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimmytillitt62

Posted: 2007-08-01 2:44 pm   Permalink

hello, thanks for all the help and sugestions you guys gave me. i am new here and don't now all the rules about posting yet. i looked at other post's about velvet paintings and wanted to post these photo's of mine. i paid $25.00 for it at a thrift store, painter signiture is mr.tip. on the back it says t.t. studio oil on velvet #70. any info on artist or value would be apperciated. thanks, jimmy t.

[ This Message was edited by: jimmytillitt62 2007-08-01 14:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jimmytillitt62 2007-08-01 14:48 ]

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 3:10 pm   Permalink

Wow, looks like he grafted 18 year old boobs onto a 12 year old body. That's kinda creepy!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 3:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-01 15:10, Paipo wrote:
Wow, looks like he grafted 18 year old boobs onto a 12 year old body. That's kinda creepy!

i think what paipo meant to say was: "WOW, LOOKS LIKE HE GRAFTED 18 YEAR OLD BOOBS ONTO A 12 YEAR OLD BODY. THAT'S KINDA CREEPY!".

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 7:13 pm   Permalink

cool that it's on red velvet, and yea- reminds me of some of the seedier manga stuff. are those muppet hands? good price .

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-01 8:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-01 19:13, greentikipat wrote:
cool that it's on red velvet, and yea- reminds me of some of the seedier manga stuff. are those muppet hands? good price .

WHAT DID YOU SAY!? SOMETHING ABOUT COOL KIDS?!

BUZZY OUT!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimmytillitt62

Posted: 2007-08-01 9:28 pm   Permalink

yeah, the hands aren't very detailed. it is a very good painting, it looks better in person. anyone ever heard of this mr. tip? maybe its like a garage studio type of painting. thanks for info.

xlittleklausyx

Posted: 2012-04-16 2:02 pm   Permalink

Im new to this site, I found it while trying to research who painted this lovely velvet.
I cannot seem to find anything about the artist anywhere.

It is titled on the back as
"The Girl and The Tiki"
It is also signed W. Thom of Hollywood
As shown in the photographs
Also as far as dating I'm completely unsure as well in the front signature there appears to be a 7 so it could be 70s.
The only reason I say this is because some of my other velvet nudes from the that era are marked the same.
I could be completely wrong. Any outside information I would greatly appreciate

View Profile of xlittleklausyx Send a personal message to xlittleklausyx  Email xlittleklausyx     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation