FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NYC Tiki Party in September
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
NYC Tiki Party in September
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 3:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-22 09:01, rugbymatt wrote:
We should all be tuned up for this event since it comes at the tail of an impressive string of events: Tiki Oasis, NE Tiki Tour, Allentown Luau.

I'm so disappointed not to be able to make any of the other events- I'm sure you'll have some great stories to share!

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 5:16 pm   Permalink

I can make it on the 8th. Let me know if there is anything I can bring. jbrooftree@yahoo.com This is too cool.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kollektor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 12:46 pm   Permalink

Ray -- I'll be there (but only if your verbal invite at Shun Lee wasn't due solely to a half dozen Mai Tais)

Dave

View Profile of Tiki Kollektor Send a personal message to Tiki Kollektor  Goto the website of Tiki Kollektor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-31 12:35 pm   Permalink

A few of us are meeting up earlier in the day and taking the SI ferry over to hit Jade Island for a late lunch and a few cocktails to get in the spirit.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 9:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-30 12:46, Tiki Kollektor wrote:
Ray -- I'll be there (but only if your verbal invite at Shun Lee wasn't due solely to a half dozen Mai Tais)

Dave

PM me your email so I can send an evite with the details.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 05:27 am   Permalink

We're really looking forward to tonight!
Happy to see the tiki ohana again and appreciate Urban Tiki's hospitality
and the chance to visit his tiki hut in the sky.
Had to prep myself with some rum drinking last night.
Aloha!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 07:03 am   Permalink

Ya'll have fun at Rays - We'll be up a little north on the Hudson raising a tiki mug to ya !

Post pics soon!
I'll do the same!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 10:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-08 07:03, sneakyjack wrote:
Ya'll have fun at Rays - We'll be up a little north on the Hudson raising a tiki mug to ya !

Post pics soon!
I'll do the same!

You'll be missed Jack. Have a great time up there on the Hudson and we'll raise one (or two) to you!

Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 10:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-08 05:27, KikiTiki wrote:

We're really looking forward to tonight!
Happy to see the tiki ohana again and appreciate Urban Tiki's hospitality
and the chance to visit his tiki hut in the sky.
Had to prep myself with some rum drinking last night.
Aloha!

I can't wait! well, actually I have a lot of prepping to do, so I guess I can.

KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 07:33 am   Permalink

OK- here are some pics from the tiki party of the year (and the expedition there)
I'm way too lazy this morning to write cute captions so you will have to invent
your own. Thank you Urban Tiki for hosting such a fabulous bash! We had a
wonderful time! Aloha to all the NYC area ohana!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 1:21 pm   Permalink

Great pix, Kiki, and a huge THANK YOU to Urban Tiki for such a great time! Mahalo!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 1:55 pm   Permalink

What a great party! Ray and Mary are amazing and generous hosts. And everyone else was just plain fun to hang with. The apartment was an incredible mix of retro and Skylab. I can't imagine the kilowatts it takes to run the entertainment wall. To end the night with cognac on the rooftop was tempting, but if I missed the next train, I would have had to wait for the 4:20 out of Penn., and I just don't have those legs anymore. Tiki does live in New York.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilicious
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 05:42 am   Permalink

What an AMAZING party! Mahalo for everything! Steve and I had a fabulous time.

Our highlights: The rooftop. The firework show in the distance from the annual Hoboken Italian Festival. The mai tais. The crowd! Everybody was so wonderful! Thank you for welcoming us to NY with open arms.

Can't wait until we all get to see each other again!

XOXO from Steve and Lenore!

View Profile of Tikilicious Send a personal message to Tikilicious  Email Tikilicious Goto the website of Tikilicious     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-10 05:46 am   Permalink

Mucho Mahalo to Ray and his lovely assistant Mary for being such great hosts. Also nothing but love for the all the Ohana who helped make it an even better event. Cigars and Zacapa on the rooftop overlooking Central Park at 2:00+ a.m. = priceless!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 06:07 am   Permalink

Ray and Mary - I can only repeat what has already been said several times. Great party, Nicole and I really had a blast.

The drinks were fantastic - that poor bartender you hired - he probably served less than 5 beers all night. I bet your Grog Log is pretty dog-eared by now as he got some on-the-job-training in making tiki-drinks ("holy crap, this one's got like 9 things in it!).

The roof - perfect night to be out there having a cocktail with the music playing in the "rooftop garden" - an inflatable palm tree (nice touch there).

Thanks again for having all of us up to your atomic pad. NYC tiki is on the rise.

Joe

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation