FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Sams Seafood Expierence..
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Sams Seafood Expierence..
slapbass
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 07:21 am   Permalink

Hey there..Went to Sams and was to say the least a horrible expierence..The food was terrible including the appetizers..The drinks were weak and heres the worst part..I have never been in a Tiki bar where they were blaring rap music..Unbelivable to my ears..And in the other room there was a cover band but the sound totally bleeded into one another..The service for the restaurant was not good at all..No personalites and hardly ever seen..The food was cold ..Undercooked ..The clientle was the young hipsters who when they drink just start yellin..Maybe it was the rap music..The drink me and my lady had was Scorpion..I have had this many times at other tiki bars and its serves 2 in a nice size bowl..Ours was served for 2 in a small schooner glass with 2 straws and was 20 bucks!!..It had a huge ice chunk in the middle and was basically a joke,,And it was 20 bucks..Did I say it was 20 bucks..Anywho the place itself look great..Dark and had all the right stuff,but it just seemed to me missing the vibe..I could have lived with the classic rock cover band in the background,but with the rap music bleeding into it just killed it..This was my expierence on a given night..Yours may vary..ALOHA..

View Profile of slapbass Send a personal message to slapbass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 6:35 pm   Permalink

From what I've read on TC that Sams was only going 'Tiki' one night a week.. But the food and drink being bad.. that ain't fu@king right !!!!

Looks like Sams is going after the 'koolkids' crowd !!! The 40 and over crowd are defaulting on our mortgages.... j/k/ :><]

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 8:10 pm   Permalink

See all you 40-somethings! These are the hellspawn screaming, texting freak 20 year olds you have unleashed on society because you were too busy getting ahead to be decent parents. Now it's ruining even the tiki resurections.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 8:13 pm   Permalink

Sorry about that outburst folks. I blame it on the mojitos, martinis, and the pint of Turkey Hill black cherry.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-30 9:24 pm   Permalink

We've eaten at Sam's a few time now and I have to say the food has been very good... A little pricey but good! Service will improve and the drinks are what they are. Drinks are different everywhere you go! I think I paid $17 for the Scorpion served in a schooner... If you paid $20 then you probably got the first bartender we had who overcharged us by about $20 on drinks and appetizers. They fixed it and it hasn't happened since.

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ This Message was edited by: soccertiki 2007-09-19 19:20 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 9:51 pm   Permalink

Maybe if the place is big enough there could be a "private" room for "actual" tikiphiles.

Any chance you noticed what the percentage of tikiphiles were there compared to the hiphop gangsta types?

If you were the only tikiphiles and there wer NO "hiphoppers" then Sams may as well play exotica. Pretty sure WE are the only ones that would go for the music.

The staff are probably jsut young kids that do not care and .........Hmmm... maybe the music is to keep the employees. Yikes.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-07-30 21:56 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 10:10 pm   Permalink

all bad news to me,
not sure if I wanna even go and get disappointed.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-30 10:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-30 22:10, bigtikidude wrote:
all bad news to me,
not sure if I wanna even go and get disappointed.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

BTD ~ Everyone needs to give Sam's a chance. They've done an incredible job refurbishing the bar, the restaurant, & the kitchen. The food is excellent. If you don't like the drinks you can always order a Hinano Beer

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-07-31 07:52 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-30 10:30 pm   Permalink

Im not made of money like some in the Tiki scene,
if its super expensive and not so good, its like throwing money away to me.
I was even not crazy about the food and drinks before.

I'm sure I'll go sometime to see it. Before it gets torn down in a few years when they get the permits to make the condos finally.

But not this Sat. There is a big 20 band show in LA and Satan's Pilgrims from Oregon, and the Ghastly ones are playing, bigger priority to me.
tell the Menahunes I said Hi, I dig them.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
the pesimist

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2007-07-30 22:32 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 12:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-30 20:10, rugbymatt wrote:
See all you 40-somethings! These are the hellspawn screaming, texting freak 20 year olds you have unleashed on society because you were too busy getting ahead to be decent parents. Now it's ruining even the tiki resurections.

Survival of the fittest.
Gotta pay the rent.
If it doesn't have vodka, beer or Red Bull in it, the landlord ain't gonna be pleased.
Traditional Tiki bars? If you can find one, quit bitchin' and start drinkin.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 08:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

Survival of the fittest.
Gotta pay the rent.

In order to be fit one has to keep the customers in the building spending money.

One could NOT rely on tikiphiles alone to keep a brick and mortar tiki establishment up and running.

In all the tiki bars/restaurants I've had a drink in I was the only one into tiki. When it was not an event of course.

I do think there should be a tikiphile room with "the Bums" guides at the table. It could have a red velvet rope to keep the rifraf out. Oh, the snobbery.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 09:02 am   Permalink

"If it doesn't have vodka, beer or Red Bull in it, the landlord ain't gonna be pleased."

Hey I've been a Red Bull consumer for 10 years (back when it really was an energy drink) so I try to make it a win-win with the landlord.

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-31 09:28 am   Permalink

The Management of Sam's really cares about what everyone on Tiki Central thinks. If you have a complaint or a suggestion make sure to let them know. If you keep these thoughts to yourself nothing will be done to change anything. Just like anywhere, if you get a drink you don't like send it back. Tell the bartender how you want your drink to be made. We all learn from our mistakes The same thing with the music. If you don't like it let them know

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drslingshot
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-31 10:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-30 20:10, rugbymatt wrote:

Don't paint me with your broad brush. I raised my 2 children quite well. Now go cry to the parents of those hellcats. Just keep your blanket statements to yourself.......

View Profile of drslingshot Send a personal message to drslingshot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-31 11:09 am   Permalink

i don't think his comment was directed at anyone here on t.c....just a venting in general..obviously, if you are on t.c., you have a pulse and are clued into the appreciation of all things tiki..odds are, you were good parents cause you are at least aware....now...i wanna here more about those broads going round painting everything!!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation