FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Sams Seafood Expierence..
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Sams Seafood Expierence..
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 9:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-30 21:40, Polynesiac wrote:
I'm with ben. Quit your complaining and be happy that sam's isn't a condo/starbucks plaza.

Sams is a BUSINESS in a very good spot and is HUGE. I can only imagine how much $$$ they need to make to stay afloat, let alone turn a profit. Unfortunately, I don't believe that "tiki people" alone can save sams.
An exotic themed dance club late at night? better than a mini mall -and with all the people I saw coming and going I hope they continue to do well with their dance nights (I arrived at sams at around 11:30pm on a Saturday night and left around 1 am and people were still coming to the club!) The dance club is definately not my scene and obviuosly not yours either, but those money making ventures allows sams to STAY OPEN and offer specials for tiki people on TIKI TUESDAYS.

I don't think you should whine about sams until you've been to a tiki tuesday. Maybe that will change your perspective.

Dr. tiki mojo - I'm sorry you had a bummer of an experience on Wed night. I think that the "tiki people" opening was the mug release party, and the grand opening was aimed at bringing in the local crowd as it was barely publicized here on TC. Come back for a tiki tuesday (when you can) and I'll buy you a mai tai and hopefully your experience will be better.

Cheers!!!!!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. Zombie Village SF, TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Ti

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 08:23 am   Permalink

This is a tough one. On one hand, I can see the 'Tiki Crowd' as being faithful and loyal regulars to Sam's. But on the other hand, it is a business, and they need to attract all sorts of customers in order to turn a profit.

It sounds like the Promotional Director that the good Doctor dealt with was ignorant, which is too bad. But it was difficult to tell from his post, if she was being rude about it. If she were rude, this would suggest Sam's (or at least Sam's Promotional Directory) had a low opinion of Tikiphiles. But if she were being matter-of-fact about it, then it would seem Sam's is trying to diversify its customer base.

Tiki is a loyal but relatively small segment of consumers. And while we like to think we own a place like Sam's, well, we really don't. If a place like Sam's is trying to stay in business by attracting a broader clientele, a motley crew (and I say this with the utmost affection... I'm one of them!) of people wearing aloha shirts and fezs may not jibe with their new vibe.

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-31 09:38 am   Permalink

I'm sure the rent is HUGE! I hope they go off on their dance nights & make enough to keep the lights on! I'm sure with time they will enhance the drink options.

For those of you still complaining, I haven't seen you there on Tiki Tuesdays yet! It's not gonna take off unless they get the support for it! Next Tuesday 9/4 let's make it a group effort and show some support. AND enjoy some great 1/2 price appetizers (for under $10 you can enjoy a great Spam Musubi Rool AND a Shrimp Ceviche!) Very delicious! I saw Stentiki with a friend last Tuesday, they really enjoyed the food. And I saw Crazy Al sippin a mai-tai, his hair was perfect! AND don't forget, they are having entertainment in the bar from 7-9 ish Pat played his ukelele past nine last Tuesday. $5 mai-tai's (some like 'em, some don't.) $2 Hinano Beers (they're cold!)

Let's make next Tuesday a Tiki Central Tiki Tuesday... What do ya say? 9/4 7pm at SAM'S????

From last Tuesday's Tiki night: (Go to CA events to check out more)

Crazy Al, Blow Tiki and entourage

Look for the newest roadside attraction!!!

His name is Rick Kukahiko. He is a fire dancer and is available for luau's!
kaikeaent@gmail.com

Some other roadside attractions(?)

"Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-09-19 19:23 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 12:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-31 09:38, SoccerTiki wrote:

For those of you still complaining, I haven't seen you there on Tiki Tuesdays yet! It's not gonna take off unless they get the support for it!

Driving 500 miles from Vallejo, (near Napa), we tend to make it on the days we can. Next time we know were coming down we will go out of our way to make it on a Tuesday!
Besides by then maybe they will have ironed out some of the various issues people have had there on this thread.

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 2:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-31 08:23, tikipedia wrote:
Tiki is a loyal but relatively small segment of consumers. And while we like to think we own a place like Sam's, well, we really don't.

Really?
Some of us are not going to be convinced that we don't own a place like Sam's: it's too cool for us *not* to belong: by default, it must be ours.
Juvenile perhaps, but waddayagonnado?

Maybe we can be convinced that (for now) Tiki Tuesdays *are* the current event (despite Sam's apparent service to others on other nights), and most graciously permit the management to do whatever the rest of the week to set it up.

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 3:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I saw Stentiki with a friend last Tuesday, they really enjoyed the food.

I thought Stentiki died of a heart attack! What up wit dat?

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 5:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

ahem!

Ben you should do something about that cough,
maybe quit smoking???

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 9:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-31 17:46, bigtikidude wrote:
Quote:

ahem!

Ben you should do something about that cough,
maybe quit smoking???

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff,

You should do something about that hair!!!!

Like, cut it off!!!

(F'in hippie!)

" I won't stop smoking until SHAG makes a nicotine patch!"

p.s. You guys are all messin' with me. Trying to get me out of my " Love is in the Air" feeling. Ain't gonna happen!!!!

Locks of Love!!!! for you hippie!!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. Zombie Village SF, TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Ti

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swallowthstars

Posted: 2007-09-01 12:28 am   Permalink

I'm trying to find somewhere to do my wedding and Sam's looked promising. Anybody know if they would still be able to do weddings (January 12th that is!)? We wanted to do it at Forbidden Island but we have a couple youngun's who can't get into all the wonderful tiki bars out there. Or does anybody at least have an e-mail for the manager/owner I can talk to? I'm military overseas at the moment and won't be in the states until a week before the wedding!

View Profile of swallowthstars Send a personal message to swallowthstars      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 09:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-31 15:04, tikigreg wrote:
Quote:

I saw Stentiki with a friend last Tuesday, they really enjoyed the food.

I thought Stentiki died of a heart attack! What up wit dat?

Took a bullet to heart but lucky for me it wasn't silver.

They saw me drinking a mai tai with my friend, Trader Vic...and my hair was perfect.

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-01 12:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-01 00:28, swallowthstars wrote:
I'm trying to find somewhere to do my wedding and Sam's looked promising. Anybody know if they would still be able to do weddings (January 12th that is!)? We wanted to do it at Forbidden Island but we have a couple youngun's who can't get into all the wonderful tiki bars out there. Or does anybody at least have an e-mail for the manager/owner I can talk to? I'm military overseas at the moment and won't be in the states until a week before the wedding!

PM me you contact information and I will pass it on to Demi, the manager of Sam's.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation