FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts VanTiki Bathroom Project!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
VanTiki Bathroom Project!
TikiJill

Posted: 2007-08-13 6:12 pm   Permalink

Wow! you have an incredible craft. I look forward to more posts.

View Profile of TikiJill Send a personal message to TikiJill  Email TikiJill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-13 8:09 pm   Permalink

I love your tiles and the river rock floor tile is spifferiffic. Your how to posts are very appreciated! Well done!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
diesel tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-19 10:00 am   Permalink

I think that is the coolest thing I have seen yet! You are a truly gifted artist and can't wait to see more pics!! Unbelievable!

View Profile of diesel tiki Send a personal message to diesel tiki  Email diesel tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-19 10:26 pm   Permalink

your tiles are amazing! I can't wait to see what they look like when they are installed. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do the step by step. It is a great read, and VERY dramatic! Dropping clay! Chin-ups! and cool tiles!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-19 11:25 pm   Permalink

these tiles look great, I love the stage photos, shows all the hard needed to make them real. Thanks for posting them.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dean Tiki

Posted: 2007-08-20 02:47 am   Permalink

verry nice keep updating

View Profile of Dean Tiki Send a personal message to Dean Tiki  Email Dean Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-20 11:47 am   Permalink

Mahalo for all the support and interest everyone!

Sorry for the lack of updates - it has been a VERY long week of demolition and construction. Ms. VanTiki has been keeping a photographic record (when not swinging a hammer) and I'll be sure to update this thread soon with photos and the like. We are very sore and tired and tend to fall asleep right after dinner Mahalo for your patience. gotta go load the kiln!

Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-28 8:00 pm   Permalink

Aloha all!

Sorry (once again) for the lack of updates - good news is Ms. VanTiki has been updating a photo page showing the trials and tribulations of Project Bathroom. Man - it has been a tough 11 days! Soon we will begin tiling - and I still have to press and glaze a bunch of TikiTiles. The fun never ends Enjoy the photos - WARNING: we have (had) the ickiest bathroom in Hawaii - the house was a foreclosure when we bought it and there was some wild stuff done before the prior owners vacated. Slowly getting it back in shape.

http://gallery.mac.com/dvanryzin#100005

Mahalo for looking,
Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-28 9:18 pm   Permalink

Dayum...that is a hellalot of work ya got going there. Thanks for the pictures....I can hardly wait to see the final outcome. HEY!!! Sink-throwing....that could be a new sport.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-20 6:07 pm   Permalink

Whew - it's been a while! The bathroom project is never ending. We spent last weekend on the big island celebrating our 10 year anniversary - and we greatly enjoyed taking a shower at the volcano hostel where we stayed whenever we wanted to! Hope to have our shower up and running by next monday (fingers crossed). A month of driving to your parents house every night to take a shower can get a tad tedious - good thing my parents are very understanding folks

The project is now being headed up by Ms. VanTiki as I have a slew of commercials to animate - and today she started putting up the tiki tiles. They look so neat on a wall! Cant wait to see them grouted.

Mahalo for looking!

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-20 6:44 pm   Permalink

Looking great Van! I just thought of something, how are you going to keep the grout out of all the grooves in the tiki tiles?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-20 7:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-20 18:44, hewey wrote:
how are you going to keep the grout out of all the grooves in the tiki tiles?

Good Question! We have learned that tile pros use a grout applicator that is just like a pastry applicator (dunno what it is called - the bag thing that bakers use to decorate cakes with fancy frosting). It lets you squirt grout into cracks that you want and keeps it away from everything else. In theory at least - I'll give you a report in a few days!

Henrik "VanTiki"

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 02:52 am   Permalink

Happy Anniversary!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 02:53 am   Permalink

Oh, the bathroom looks great too...

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-21 05:54 am   Permalink

Yes indeed...Happy Anniversary. The bathroom is looking great. That aqua blue really pops against the tan tiles. Remodels can be stressful, but you will have an awesome loo when your done.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation