FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts VanTiki Bathroom Project!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
VanTiki Bathroom Project!
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 10:47 am   Permalink

MAn that was a long week. I thought Thursday night's post was never going to get here.

Need my Van mug fix.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-28 8:07 pm   Permalink

Got the shower put in today, and looks like I'll have the curtain up tomorrow morning. If all grout/caulk/sealant cures as it should we will be enjoying our new shower on Monday! Almost too good to be true

Tile fun:

Ms. VanTiki working the grout in:

You can see a bit of the river rock floor in the above pic. We were going to do the whole floor in river rock - but we learned that it was not compatible with the underlayment we are using. So it is green porcelain for the floor and river rock for the shower. I will (of course) post before-and-after photos when all is said and done.

Hennie

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-28 8:19 pm   Permalink

Wow...it is really looking so amazing. Great job and the colors are the bomb!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-29 07:52 am   Permalink

that picture sorta has a classic look about it. Man, thats a shower I could fit in.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-29 5:09 pm   Permalink

Looks gorgeous, a real credit to you and your missus mate! Cant wait to see the final before and after pics

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-08 11:00 am   Permalink

Aloha folks!

Welp, the B-room project is still chugging along. I hope to press the final slew of tiles this weekend (thank GOD)! Snapped a shot of Ms. VanTiki sneaking a skull tile into the setup to give visitors something to discover whilst parked on the john.

We've been using the new shower for several weeks now and it is heavenly! sooooooo much better than the original. I'll be sure to round up this thread with a before and after gallery once the project is done.

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-09 05:47 am   Permalink

Looking good. I like the colors and looks like your towel hardware matches the dark tiles you are using. You should get some good pictures when you are done and submit them to a home improvement magazine.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-10 06:03 am   Permalink

Wow! Is looking amazing, and from scratch!! Big congrats!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-23 6:39 pm   Permalink

Beautiful tile! You picked the perfect colors. Loved looking at all your pictures. The border collie makes a great decorative accessory too. I'm gonna teach mine to serve tiki drinks.

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/border%20collie%20tiki/-/cfpt2_/cfpt_/source_searchBox/copt_

View Profile of Koitiki Send a personal message to Koitiki  Email Koitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation