FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Tiki-Ray's 6 foot Marquesan cannibal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Tiki-Ray's 6 foot Marquesan cannibal
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-21 12:01 pm   Permalink

Most, most outstanding Tiki. I love to see some original work with such a high order of craftmanship and skill. The originality is a real delicacy. The owners head on the spear is hilarious! Looking forward to your post of the finished spear and owners head....... sweeeeet.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikilizard 2008-06-21 12:04 ]

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-21 12:20 pm   Permalink

Nice job Ray. I like everything except the teeth. I agree with Lizard, nice original work. What kind of wood?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-21 1:05 pm   Permalink

Im too busy to do shirts right now . And the wood is Mexican Fan Palm except for the white pine teeth . The person who is paying me is into the fierce and somewhat morbid scary kind of art which can be cool too . And if he is paying me to install large sharp choppers , so be it . Its kinda like a tattoo artist does . You talk to the customer to get a feel of his personality and adapt to it .
Thanks for the compliments .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sungod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-21 1:45 pm   Permalink

Can't wait to see the head on the spear.

View Profile of sungod Send a personal message to sungod  Email sungod Goto the website of sungod     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-21 5:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-21 11:34, TIKI-RAY wrote:

I still have to carve the owners head and mount it on a spear..

Nice stylisation Tiki-Ray! Is this based on a real example or your own invention? And did I read the above correctly - the owner wants it to hold his own skewered head..?? Classic!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pia tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-22 11:32 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

Great stuff! Sounds like it should be an interesting piece for his visitors.

-Cheers

View Profile of pia tiki Send a personal message to pia tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-23 2:47 pm   Permalink

Yes , he wants his own severed head mounted on a spear . And the design was a little of both meeting in the middle .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation