FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Robin's Jade Carving update 4/3 actually got one done!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Robin's Jade Carving update 4/3 actually got one done!
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-19 06:48 am   Permalink

Bump,Aloha Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-18 7:06 pm   Permalink

Robin, I Sure hope you are still able to carve some while you are on this trip. I Think We are Ready for you to come home as we miss you around here!!!, C'Mon Home Girl!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-19 12:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-18 19:06, Benzart wrote:
Robin, I Sure hope you are still able to carve some while you are on this trip. I Think We are Ready for you to come home as we miss you around here!!!, C'Mon Home Girl!

Yep +1

Mahalo,

Ben.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GreenCarvings
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-24 02:59 am   Permalink

Robin? you didnt happen to spend a week or so in hokitika at Bonz N Stonz did you???
fair while back now

View Profile of GreenCarvings Send a personal message to GreenCarvings      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-24 07:27 am   Permalink

I miss you Mudslinger!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-25 03:31 am   Permalink

ME TOO!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 9:51 pm   Permalink

You back yet?

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiwishaman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-10 7:14 pm   Permalink

Robin

there is only one word

WONDERFUL

AWESOME

(opps two )

Congrats!

KS

View Profile of kiwishaman Send a personal message to kiwishaman  Goto the website of kiwishaman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-15 04:36 am   Permalink

BUMP IT UP!

Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 4:13 pm   Permalink

Well geez!!!! I actually managed to get online and finally have time to drop by. I have checked TC very infrequently I'm sorry to say, but today I have time and a connection. The story is to long to tell but here are some pictures.

The Jade Quest so far was not so good. I went straight to the jade fields around Lander and Riverton, but all I got was....'well when I was a kid'....there used to be.....my parents would....rock shops closed...etc etc etc. I suppose you need to stop in the bigger cities now, or have some other connections. I did find one rock shop and drove 125 miles back to pick up a few pieces. I didn't really like the guy and his prices were very inflated, and he didn't know what he was talking about. Soooo.....I am for sure going to the Big Sur Jade Festival this year, and if I ever have time will go up the coast from Seattle....I've seen some ads for rock shops...so maybe something will happen. I remember from my time in NZ that the jade finds you....I'm going with that.

Boy I can't tell you how happy it makes me that you still think of me...it's been a long time. When I have been online, I have sometimes been able to quickly have a look at the work that is done here, but no time to post.

Here's the story....I was on my way to one job in Washington when I got another call from the State Parks and was offered a job as caretaker on Hope Island. It's in the South Puget Sound. It's 106 acres...formerly an old homestead. I got a cabin, an orchard,grapes, a boat I had to learn to operate (16'Almar/75hp Merc!!!) on a mooring I row back and forth too, a garden chest high in thistles when I got here, trail maintenance, invasive weeds to pull and on and on. I also have seals and otters and deer and eagles and porcupine! Lots of fat raccoons. Mt Ranier on one side of me, and the Olympic Mts. on the other.I have been very busy....oh, and no power or water. Solar in the cabin, and I have to haul water to drink, and there is a windmill to irrigate the garden. If there is no wind, I have to do curls....I've done a lot of curls. It has been the Washington State Parks summer buff out program. No internet, limited phone service. It's great....drop dead gorgeous.

Not much time or energy for carving, but it's coming!!!! Things are settling down a bit, and the season is winding down. They have asked me to stay on longer so I'll have less to do and more energy....keep your fingers crossed.

Rest assured you are in my thoughts, and I am jealous of all your beautiful work!!! Damn I've missed TC.

So Benz....so good of you to keep me in your thoughts.

Hi Mooney!

Hey Benella.

BABALU!!!!!

Seeks...I'm in your neck of the woods, come visit.

GreenCarvings....about 6 weeks actually...did we meet at Steve's?

Kiwishaman....glad to see you're back.

What's up GMan, TF1, Conga, Timid, JP.

Paipo and Tama....speechless here...I have really missed seeing what you guys are doing. All you guys.

Buzzy! My van Tikis got me to Seattle safe and sound....

Sorry there's nothing Tiki in this post.....hope I don't get busted!

Paipo says I now actually live on a Pacific Island...

Now I get to go look at your new works and be jealous!

R.

[ This Message was edited by: Robin 2008-08-21 16:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Robin 2008-08-21 16:22 ]

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiwishaman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 5:09 pm   Permalink

wow - it sure does look beautiful there!

and the scarecrow could ALMOST be considered Tiki!!!

Hope to see more of your wonderful work soon Robin

KS

View Profile of kiwishaman Send a personal message to kiwishaman  Goto the website of kiwishaman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 5:17 pm   Permalink

ROBIN!!?? Welcome Back even if it is for the day, it's So GREAT to Hear from you and see your Fantastic photos. Of course you have All of TC Super Envious after seeing those pictures,, WOW! I'm Hoping you continue to have your fun out there on your own Pacific Island, by yourself, without us in all that Beauty, just don't come back all religious and stuff (Just Said the word, not discussing it!)
Girl, we REALLY MISS you!
Have a great trip, but Git on Home now!
HAPPYHAPPYHAPPYand one more HAPPY

tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 5:59 pm   Permalink

Yeah, glad you popped back in. Hope to see some carvings soon!

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 6:01 pm   Permalink

Where have your carvings bean? Where you bean? Glad you're back! Now get to work!

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GreenCarvings
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-22 02:20 am   Permalink

Yeah we met everyday there after school.

View Profile of GreenCarvings Send a personal message to GreenCarvings      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation