[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Don The Beachcomber Obituary
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Don The Beachcomber Obituary
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-11 02:39 am   Permalink

Great thread . . .

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-11 2:59 pm   Permalink

Very cool!
Quote:

On 2013-07-10 22:38, SpaceAgeCity wrote:
I just found another piece of the Donn Beach story that I haven't seen in print before. I've posted it on my local history blog at
http://ochistorical.blogspot.com/2013/07/keeping-costa-mesa-safe-for-democracy.html
Looks like Don the Beachcomber had more of an Orange County connection than we knew.

Chris

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-11 10:02 pm   Permalink

Hey Roberts did you go? I went around noon. Thanks Koolau for this cool location. I had to go. Here's a pic (the plot is on the left about four rows in from the corner and next to the curb and the grand American flag & pole on the right.

Also a map of the Punch Bowl Veteran cemetery grounds (Entrance, Flag pole & grave site in red:

The grand Donn of maybe not specifically tiki but tiki life. Party on Donn - no Luau on!

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-07-11 10:10 pm   Permalink

Sailor Jerry is also buried there, as well as many other notables.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-07-14 6:04 pm   Permalink

I notice the obituary says he was from New Orleans. His ex-wife, Phoebe, claimed he was from Texas, as does Wikipedia.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-08-20 6:13 pm   Permalink

I was rather unsurprised today when I discovered that Donn Beach died from liver cancer.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2013-08-20 18:13 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation